Get Fancy with October Selections Summer Fancy Food Show 2017
Check out all the selections that we discovered at the Summer Fancy Food Show 2017!
Explore Cuisine Organic Brown Rice Rigatoni topped with Bongiovi Original Pasta Sauce.
- *Explore Cuisine: All the products we were sent are great sources of Protein, Gluten Free, USDA Organic, Non GMO and Parve. Some are good sources of fiber and are vegan (but not all). The punch of protein impressed me the most as men and women over 45 really need to concentrate on protein. Products sent include:
- *Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Spaghetti (25 g Protein) Incredible! A Chief Blonde (and Walt) fav! Pretty disgusting looking because it’s black but perfect for Halloween, right? The flavor makes up for black color! Highly recommended.
- *Explore Cuisine Organic Brown Rice Rigatoni (11 g Protein) Another incredible find. Tasted great. Walt and I loved this.
- *Explore Cuisine Organic Red Lentil Penne (11 g Protein)
- *Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame Spaghetti (24 g Protein)
- *Explore Cuisine Chickpea spaghetti (11 g Protein) –this was the only product sent to us from Explore Cuisine that we didn’t love. It was gummy when cooked. Perhaps it was my preparation, but I don’t think so.
- Bongiovi Pasta Sauce We were sent the following varieties: Dad’s Original, Marinara, Arrabbiata (spicey), Tomato Basil, Classic Curry and Hearty Garlic. Jon Bon Jovi’s dad, John Bongiovi created this sauce with soul passed down from this Grandma Bongiovi. The family run company prepares sauces that are all natural and gluten free. Profits help to support the Jon Bon Jovi Foundation which works to break the cycle of poverty. Walt and I enjoyed these sauces very much. It felt like a little Italian grandma cooked our dinner each night we had them. Recommended!
- *Malt Shop Cookies. I was sent a lovely tin of John and Ed’s Malt Shop Cookies in Raleigh, NC. You can send a bag of these tasty delights personalized to your clients or friends and family. Malt is called the forgotten flavor by the maker of these cookies. I got to try Chocolate Chip with Malted Milk, Double Chocolate with Malted Milk, and Mocha Chocolate with Malted Milk. I couldn’t even begin to pick my favorite. All I can say is YUM! Visit these guys and knock off all your holiday shopping in one stop. In 6, 12 & 18 cookie packages.
- *Simple Mills Sprouted Seed Crackers & Simple Mills Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies. We were sent a variety of Simple Mills products. Walt enjoyed the Jalapeno Sprouted Seed crackers and felt they would be great with beer. Sunflower, flax and chia sprouted seeds as ingredients in these crackers are extra nutritious as the sprouting process removes the protective layer of the seed leading to greater nutrition absorption. Walt also enjoyed the Chocolate Chip Crunch cookies (I couldn’t eat them as they are made with almond flour). All Simple Mills products are vegan, dairy free, gluten free, paleo friendly, soy free and non-GMO.
- The Pickle Juice Company is the maker of the first sports beverage on the market that disrupts the neurological signals that cause muscle cramps. Research has shown that pickle brine relieves cramps in just 85 seconds. The Pickle Juice Company’s products differ greatly from jarred pickle brine. Comprised of vitamins, minerals and 10x the electrolytes of most sports drinks, the purpose-built beverage contains a proprietary grain of vinegar that is proven to combat muscle cramps at the neurological source. The Pickle Juice Company’s proprietary recipe as developed specifically to help prevent dehydration and muscle cramping caused by heat and muscle exertion. Walt has used the Pickle Juice Shot when he gets muscle cramps and has found the claims to be true. Can’t wait to see if it works for my toe cramps from wearing shoes that are too high!
- Sesame Kingdom Mediterranean Spread are vegan, paleo, and don’t contain any gluten, preservatives, dairy, nuts or added sugar. OH MY GOSH! This is in contention for my product of the year. Hands down. These spreads are made from organic sesame seeds and Mediterranean energizing fruits that are ground in stone wheels for hours, until they reach a silky texture that melts in your mouth. Flavors include Mighty Date, Fig, Strawberry, Pomegranate, Beet with Za’atar and Carob Chocolate. Spread them on toast and your kids sandwiches, use as dips or a nutritious topping on vegetables, fruits, oatmeal, smoothies, or you can just eat them straight from the jar! Highly Highly recommend.
- Bobo Bars & Bobo Bites — We were recently sent a large box of Bobo Bar & Bobo Bites. We did not have the opportunity to try these at the Summer Fancy Food Show 2017 but oh man, are they great. Walt and I attacked the box, until I realized I had to save some examples for the review. These oat bars are incredibly good. Bobo Bars are another product that is vying for my product of the year, in fact. Bobo bars come in 19 flavors and counting. These would make for excellent stocking stuffers or table favors BUT BE WARNED. Tell everyone to hide their Bobo bar because stealing will ensue. These are not as sweet as you make think but the sweetness of the oats just appeals to me and the delicate flavorings just enhance the whole experience. Highly Highly recommend.
- Crunchies — Crunchies are a tasty line of all-natural, freeze-dried fruit and vegetable snacks. They contain no added sugar and no artificial flavors or coloring and are non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan, kosher and halal certified. Walt really enjoyed the beet chips with a real taste of beets and far sweeter than he expected. I had to battle with him to not eat the Crunchies freeze-dried strawberries as I wanted to show them in the video review, this is flavor we both loved. Crunchies’ product line includes strawberries, mango, pineapple, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, cinnamon apple, strawberry banana, mixed fruit and beets. Plus, each serving of Crunchies is only around 40 calories! Superb snack that we both loved.
- Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Chips —Farmer’s Pantry offers hearty, wholesome and crunchy snacks that are made with ingredients that are grown exclusively on American farms: ingredients you can recognize as some of the oldest and most beloved food staples found in a farmers pantry. Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread crisps are the first of its kind, delicately sliced and toasted to crispy perfection, and created from the wholesome goodness of cornbread you can munch on the go. Available in Original, Jalapeno and Honey-Butter flavors, they are a crispy, savory snack that tastes as mouth-wateringly delicious as the first bite of a slice of corn bread or corn muffin. We served several of the varieties to our son and his new wife. She loved them so much, they ended up sneaking the leftovers home. Really a unique taste and enjoyable snack.
- Safe Catch introduced six new seasoned tuna flavors of Safe Catch Elite: Chili Lime, Garlic Herb, Habanero Mint, Tandoori, Cajun and Citrus Pepper. As an added health bonus, Safe Catch is the first brand to season its tuna with avocado oil! Walt and I loved the Chili Lime and Cajun in salads, the seasoned tuna added a special twist to the salad. Safe Catch is the lowest mercury tuna sole (10x stricter than FDA )and is dolphin safe, sustainably caught, BPA and additive free. We have previously reviewed Safe Catch wild albacore tuna and we were both blown away by the fresh taste of the tuna.
Buy all your Specialty Foods on Amazon.
*For all starred products for the Summer Fancy Food Show 2017– Product were provided.