The perfect cookie, candy cane drenched Oreos…red, decorated and gone in one bite!
Let’s get decorating: Candy Cane Drenched Oreos!
- 8 oz Hershey Candy Cane Kisses
- 12 Holiday Oreos (regular Oreos will work just fine as well)
- 2 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Holiday Candy Decorations
- Lie a cookie sheet or cutting board with parchment paper.
- Place 12 Oreos on sheet and place in freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- Unwrap and place kisses in a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt by microwaving for 30 seconds and stirring, then repeating until melted and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Using a fork, dip Oreos in melted candy and flip to insure complete coating.
- Shake off excess and return to prepared sheet.
- Decorate top with decoration if desired.
- Return to refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
Now tell me…is there any better cookie than an Oreo? Well how about a Winter Oreo? Kids find these a little shocking and a LOT of fun. You can use regular Oreos to prepare this recipe as well but you won’t get the red surprise when you bite inside.
Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses are what make this recipe extra fun and pink. Don’t hesitate to eat a few of these little gems while you are cooking!
Decorate your candy cane drenched Oreos! You don’t have to use the Wilton Candy Canes decorations (but aren’t they adorable?) You can also use, bits of Candy Cane, Candy Cane Kisses or even red hots.
Click on any photo below to find more alternate cookie and cupcake toppers: