Have you ever made Cauliflower Lasagna? For a Crowd?
Preparing Big Batch Cauliflower Lasagna for a Crowd
- 3 lb. ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey or vegan ground meat subsititue) browned and drained
- 3 16oz cans of tomato sauce (or 6 8oz cans)
- 3 small chopped onions or 3 tbs dried minced onions
- 1½ tsp. garlic salt
- 1½ tsp. oregano
- 16 oz portabello mushrooms chopped
- 3 16oz containers cottage cheese (small or large curd, regular or lowfat your choice)
- 3 heads of cauliflower with green stem and leaves removed
- 16 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Over medium heat, in a large frying pan or dutch oven, mix browned meat, spices
- Add in tomato sauce and sliced mushrooms
- Simmer until hot
- Slice 3 whole cauliflowers heads into slices about ½" thick. Any smaller pieces that fall off head, slice them ½" thick as well
- Use cauliflower slices to cover the bottom of 3 13" x 9" pans
- Cover cauliflower with cottage cheese using one container per pan
- Add ⅓ of meat mixture to each pan spreading over cottage cheese
- Sprinkle ⅓ of mozzarella cheese over each pan
- Bake one hour at 350 degrees. Check every twenty minutes. If browning too quickly, cover pan with aluminum foil.
- When removing from oven, you will probably need to drain liquid from each pan.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers. (Freezes great!)
- Variations: Feel free to add the cheese of your choice instead of mozzarella. Add in spinach. Omit mushrooms. This is a dish that you can change up to your preference. Have fun!
No one will be able to resist this healthy (substitute lasagna noodles with cauliflower) cauliflower lasagna and it’s so easy to make in big batches. Freeze it ahead of time and just pull out a pan for dinner. Perfect for meal prep or taking in your lunch. Heats up fabulously in microwave.
Walt can eat a half of a pan himself!
Buy this unique Tri-Lasagna pan $34.95
or any of these other gorgeous lasagna pans to get your recipe perfect. I use these Pyrex 13 x 9 pans because many of them come with a lid. But seriously, I would love this gorgeous All-Clad pan with lid for a splurge.
Buy Lasagna supplies
Find all our other yummy recipes HERE!