Ever wondered how to decorate a chandelier for Christmas? I have four great examples for you and some how-tos as well.
All this decor was created by Bordine’s Nursery in Clarkston, MI(circa 2015). They have similar but different creations in their stores each year so make SURE to stop in, browse, and get some How to Decorate a Chandelier for Christmas ideas for yourself this year.Red, Gold and Platinum Chandelier
How to Decorate a Chandelier for Christmas
- Gather your supplies:
- A 48 inch bendable dense garland, best if pre-decorated.
- An assortment of bendable long greenry sprigs, about 12″, for volume.
- An assortment of leafy decorative picks, 50 bulbs…10 of each for uniformity…various sizes and shapes, bows, etc.
- For safety, turn off power to chandelier at the fuse box. Also, check mounting screws at ceiling to ensure that chandelier won’t fall during decorating process.
- Encircle the chandelier with the garland, placing it as appropriate for your chandelier, usually within the inside of the arms and globes. Twist the two ends of the garland together so the garland appears to form one individual circle. Fluff individual branches for volume. Want a simple look? You could STOP right now!
- If your chandelier has an upper scrolly portion, use several individual greenery sprigs to weave in and out of scrolls. Use more to place upright, in-between each scroll to add volume.
- Scatter the bulbs, picks, and bows among the greenery as you would when decorating a tree. Remember to gather various sizes, colors, textures, and shapes of ornament to add interest but have enough of the same ornament to create a uniform look. Start with largest ornaments first, gradually adding down to the smallest. Tuck the ornaments into the greenery so you can’t see the hooks or the top of the ornament. You can often get a large box of coordinating ornaments.
- As you can see from the various chandeliers presented here, there are a zillion variations to these directions. Just get started and get creative!
I am going to be trying one of these decorated chandeliers for the first time this Christmas so I will post a picture as to how mine turns out. Wish me luck.
Icy Blue Chandelier
The Chief Blonde Remarks: This giveaway is sponsored by me so just enter away.
Can’t Wait to Win it?
Giveaway runs until 11-16-2018, 11:59 PM EST, 18 years and older, US only
This How to Decorate a Chandelier for Christmas giveaway is exclusively hosted on our blog, so only those who enter here will win.
Be sure to return every day for all the DAILY entries
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to Review Wire Media and Chatty Patty’s Place for hosting the Gobble til you Wobble Giveaway Hop. Now that you have entered our giveaway keep hopping to all the other giveaways on these fine blogs!