Who doesn’t remember their Grandma’s Simple Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe? Mine made a big tall tower of cookies with a tinker toy in the middle as the tree trunk. We couldn’t eat it until Christmas day but it sure was fun wrecking it and eating it! Today I am bringing you much simpler version of Grandma’s Tinker Toy tree! So fun to do with grandchildren, kids, friends and family.
Easy and fun to the make the simple stacked Christmas tree cookies!
- Using your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar and then add vanilla and eggs
- In a separate bowl, blend flour and salt. Then slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture , while stand mixer is operating at a low speed until the two mixtures are incorporated
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll dough on floured surface to ⅛" thick (you can do several batches if you wish)
- For each tree cookie that you will make, cut all 3 cookie cutter sizes from the rolled dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until just golden
- Once cookies have cooled on a wire rack, spread frosting around the edges of the cookies and roll in candy decorations
- Assemble trees by placing a dollop of frosting in the center of the largest cookie, topping with the medium size cookie, adding another drop of frosting to the top of the medium cookie, and completing the tree tower with the smallest cookie shape placed on top of the medium cookie.
- Finish the Simple Stacked Christmas Trees cookies by decorating them with piping and decorations.
Buy all things Christmas from my Amazon Store! Psst. Big favor: as you are shopping this holiday season, please use the link to my Amazon store. No need to shop my store, just use my link, and use the search bar like you always would and I will get credit for your purchase at no cost to you! It helps me do what I do for YOU all year long. https://www.amazon.com/shop/stillblondeaaty