Who doesn’t remember their Grandma’s Simple Stacked Christmas Tree Cookies Recipe? Mine made a big tall tower of cookies with a tinker toy in the middle as the tree trunk. We couldn’t eat it until Christmas day but it sure was fun wrecking it and eating it! Today I am bringing you much simpler version of Grandma’s Tinker Toy tree! So fun to do with grandchildren, kids, friends and family.
Easy and fun to the make the simple stacked Christmas tree cookies!
Then let everyone have fun decorating their trees in their own way!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 can icing or use your own homemade icing
- Non-pariels or other candy decorations like Sweetworks balls,
- Additional Items:
- Stand Mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid)
- 3 round cookie cutters in descending sizes
- Frosting piping tool
- Using your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar and then add vanilla and eggs
- In a separate bowl, blend flour and salt. Then slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture , while stand mixer is operating at a low speed until the two mixtures are incorporated
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll dough on floured surface to ⅛" thick (you can do several batches if you wish)
- For each tree cookie that you will make, cut all 3 cookie cutter sizes from the rolled dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until just golden
- Once cookies have cooled on a wire rack, spread frosting around the edges of the cookies and roll in candy decorations
- Assemble trees by placing a dollop of frosting in the center of the largest cookie, topping with the medium size cookie, adding another drop of frosting to the top of the medium cookie, and completing the tree tower with the smallest cookie shape placed on top of the medium cookie.
- Finish the Simple Stacked Christmas Trees cookies by decorating them with piping and decorations.
Buy all things Christmas from my Amazon Store! Psst. Big favor: as you are shopping this holiday season, please use the link to my Amazon store. No need to shop my store, just use my link, and use the search bar like you always would and I will get credit for your purchase at no cost to you! It helps me do what I do for YOU all year long. https://www.amazon.com/shop/stillblondeaaty
Marisela Zuniga says
This is a really cute idea! They came out great
Audrey Stewart says
We made these during the holidays, and loved them. We are going to try this recipe with different holidays.
Sarah L says
These make a good table decoration when you’re done. Very festive.
What a festive idea!
Sarah L says
Very festive. And almost simple enough for me to do. Though I won’t….
Tracy Zych says
I never thought to stack them! Thanks!
Laurie Nykaza says
Orolay Women’s Thickened Contrast Color Drawstring Down Jacket Hooded Parka Long Puffer Coat I like the style and length of this jacket. I looks really warm too and I love that.
I like the Orolay Women’s Fleece Down Coat Thickened Winter Puffer Down Jacket because of the light color and it looks so warm
I would like to get the Orolay Women’s Short Down Jacket because it would fit my short torso.
Megan Wilson says
I love the Orolay Women’s Hooded Down Jacket Long Winter Coat Asymmetric Puffer Jacket in red because red looks great on me and this would be so nice and warm!
i like the Orolay Women’s Winter Long Down Coat Double Snap Puffer Jacket with Big Pockets because it looks warm and has a good length and big pockets