Crusin’ Motown with Great Spring Looks
Recently my girlfriend came to visit me for the first time in Michigan from Switzerland. Her name is Lynda and she has been like a sister to me through the birth of my daughter, a horrible divorce, dating, a new marriage, blending families, raising kids and every event and emotion in between. Lynda paid for my stay in NYC when I turned 50 and hosted me at the super exclusive University Club. We have shared laughter, tears, death, love and life. Our families vacationed together on Bald Head Island for years.
So you can imagine for her first visit to my home that I wanted her to have a blast! I made the whole 4 days a surprise and she never knew where she was going next. I not only wanted to take her to the very best Michigan had to offer but I wanted to look great too. Luckily, I had two great outfits that were sent along by Monroe and Main and an item of their lovely shapewear so I could look my best during the whole visit.
The Chief Blonde is wearing Clark Zia Castle platform sandals via Monroe and Main ($120), Cry on My shoulder top (Monroe and Main $50, Sale $20), High Waisted shaper briefs (Monroe and Main $29.95), White leggings from Sam’s Club (similar), Gold Hoops (similar), Vintage bracelets, and an Orange pashmina.
I wore this outfit when my friend and I went to the Detroit Institute of Arts for a special exhibition of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo in Detroit. Diego Rivera created magnificent murals of Detroit Industry.
These Clark Zia Castle platform sandals never hurt my feet throughout our whole busy day. I loved that I could wear these 3 1/2″ leather wedges to elongate my legs and help me to look more shapely. The High Waisted shaper from Monroe and Main made me feel elegant in these white leggings. Isn’t the Cry on My Shoulder top fabulous? I felt so elegant all day in these Monroe and Main pieces.
On the same day, we headed over to the Motown Museum which housed Hitsville, USA where all the Motown artists got their start. I was surprised to find out it was a house, not a building. Barry Gordy, Motown’s founder, actually bought 7 houses in a row which housed different operation of the Motown business. I highly recommend this tour. You might even learn to dance like a Temptation like I did!
Another evening that Lynda was in town, we went out to eat with the family. Luckily I had another fantastic outfit from Monroe and Main to wear. This time my outfit was much more monochromatic. This delicate blouse was rated 5 stars on the Monroe and Main site and I can certainly understand why after wearing it.
The Chief Blonde is wearing the Molton Wedge by Dr. Scholl’s (Monroe and Main $100), Romance in the Air top (Monroe and Main $50, Sale $11), gold statement necklace from Monroe and Main (similar), white leggings from Sam’s Club. and High Waisted shaper briefs (Monroe and Main $29.95)
Monroe and Main’s “How to Dress Your Body Type” Infographic Series
This top isn’t my usual choice nor is the first top, so why have I tried some new styles? This time when I chose my clothes, I referred to the Monroe and Main’s “How to Dress Your Body Type” Infographic Series. The 4 infographics helped me to make some new clothing choices which better suit my body, including the right shapewear. Click right on the below picture to see the Infographics full size!
The series of 4 infographics helps you to:
- Infographic #1–Measurements I found the tips on do and don’t of measuring very helpful and the graphic of the where exactly to measure helped me to get my most accurate measurements ever. Monroe and Main even created a video if you need extra tips!
- Infographic #2–Identify your shape With the measurements that I took from the first infographic, I was able to identify my shape utilizing the second infographic. The simple pointers made it clear I was an hourglass shape.
- Infographic #3–Shapewear The shapewear inforgraphic helped me zero in on the perfect shapewear for my shape. Because I am menopausal, I have started to gather weight around my waist. The chart helped me to quickly chose high waisted briefs as my needed shapewear.
- Infographic #4 –Prints and Colors I choose my outfits based on the tips in the print and color inforgraphic for an hourglass shape. It suggested that I either go Bold or Monochromatic. As you can see from the outfits in this post, I choose to try both looks. I love each of them for different reasons.
The Chief Blonde Remarks: Want to try out this 4 step system for yourself? Head over to Monroe and Main’s “How to Dress Your Body Type” Infographic Series. Enter to win our giveaway or any of the other 24 bloggers giveaways for your chance at a $185 Gift certificate to get your own shapewear and perfectly fitting Monroe and Main outfit. Monroe and Main provided these inforgraphics as a resource helping women confidently dress to fit her style needs, balance her shape, and flatter her figure as her body ages. Monroe and Main is the industry leader in clothing that fits various body types in size 6-24 or S-3X. Get more ideas for dressing your shape at the Monroe and Main “How to Dress Your Body type Pinterest board.
This giveaway runs from May 18-May 31 11:59PM EST, US ONLY, 18 years and older only
One winner will take home a “How to Dress Your Body Type Kit” which will include:
- a Monroe and Main measuring tape
- a $185 Monroe and Main shopping spree for shapewear and an outfit
This $185 Monroe and Main giveaway is exclusively hosted on our blog, so only those who enter here will win.