Resolve: Add more Calcium & Organics=>
Spinach Bar Recipe
My daughter is getting married in August and I have some work to do get fit. I have started minding my diet and walking daily on the treadmill, which I think is an amazing start to the New Year. However, as I am a woman over 45, I have to be careful that dieting doesn’t cut out the essentials I need. I also don’t want my intake to turn into a bunch of shakes and supplements!
So this year, in addition to the calorie cutting and exercising, I am also resolving to keep the “good stuff” in my diet and remove more of the bad, especially in my snacks, which are a major sabotaging point for me. My resolution is to fill my snacks with calcium and organics.
I have created this Resolution Ready Spinach Bar Recipe as the first step in my improved snacking journey. I took a quick trip to Meijer to grab the ingredients and found Horizon Organic products incorporated the calcium and organic focus I was looking for!
I was able to find all the ingredients for my wonderful organic and calcium-rich Spinach Bars below straight off the Meijer shelf with Horizon Organic Brands and Meijer’s own True Goodness Brands.
- 4 Tbs. Horizon Organic Butter (Unsalted or Regular)
- ¾ cup True Goodness Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Horizon Organic Milk (I used 2% but any fat content works)
- 3 True Goodness Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 8 oz. Horizon Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz. Horizon Organic Mozzarella Cheese
- 1-10 oz. packaged True Goodness chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup chopped True Goodness mushrooms (optional but delicious)
- Melt butter, set aside
- Mix remaining ingredients (mix by hand- no mixer needed)
- Add melted butter to mixture
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9 x13 x2 pan
- Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes
- Remove and let set cool.
- Slice. Refrigerate or freeze.
- Eat hot or cold. Microwaves or freezes great. YUM!
Horizon Organic is an American company, founded in 1991, that produces organic milk and other organic food products. Horizon products are available at your local Meijer’s store. They take pride in in keeping weird stuff out of their food. That means no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and no GMOs. I just love what it does for my snacking! I mean how good do these spinach bars look for a yummy snack on a cold winter day?
MMMM…Spinach Bars….Want one?
Get Resolution Ready!
Visit HERE to find many Resolution Ready recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Meijer. The opinions and text are all mine.