Gotta get some…Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Kettle Corn
MMMMM Kettle Corn!
Popcorn inspires me! Looking for a way to make your house smell WONDERFUL or for a super delicious movie snack? You will be amazed at the aroma of a batch of Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Kettle Corn… it makes your kitchen smell like a bakery, and will make everyone come running for the easy to eat treat.
It’s crunch on the outside, melts in your mouth, and only takes 10 minutes to make! One batch will satisfy your whole family on any occasion.
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola, vegetable or coconut oil)
- ½ cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whirly-pop or 4 quart sauce pan with lid and long handled spoon for stirring
- Baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place pan or pot on the stove at a medium-high heat, add oil, and just three of the popcorn kernels, and cover. When the kernels pop, the oil is to temperature and ready.
- Add the remaining kernels, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Quickly stir together to coat all the kernels and cover.
- If using a whirly-pop pan, stir as the kernels begin to pop. If using sauce pan, shake the pan frequently as the kernels begin to pop.
- Remove from heat when the popping slows down to 1 to 2 seconds between pops.
- Kettle corn can be poured onto a parchment or aluminum foil lined baking sheet to cool.
What’s a Whirly-Pop Pan? Great for Kettle Corn?
Whirly Pop Pan ($34.65)
The Whirly Pop Pan is great for making making plain popcorn or for making kettle corn. The Whirly Pop is a stainless steel pan and detachable lid with patented stirring mechanism and metal gears. For kettle corn you just turn the handle and the stirring mechanism does the work, coating the popcorn evenly and keeping the mixture from burning. You can buy cheaper imitations models. Most people say other versions break often but a Whirly Pop comes with a 25 year warranty. Might be worth the few extra bucks! Here’s the Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Kettle Corn being made in the Whirly Pop.
What popcorn should I buy?
Why not get a great variety pack? So you can try different kinds? The Amish Country popcorn sampler ($26.99) is the perfect gift for the popcorn lover on your list – or for yourself. Eight 4-oz bags of Amish Country popcorn, plus a 14-oz jar of canola oil and 4- 1/2-oz jar of Original Ballpark Style popcorn salt. The package includes medium white, red, extra large caramel type, rainbow blend, blue, medium yellow, baby yellow, and baby white popcorn! Can you say Father’s Day?
Looking for a highly recommended organic popcorn? Try Great Northern Popcorn Organic Yellow Gourmet Popcorn All Natural (4 Pounds, $18.88)
Other Popcorn Recipes?
Are you loving this Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Kettle Corn Recipe? Try some other popcorn recipes from this inexpensive book entitled Popcorn!: 100 Sweet and Savory Recipes ($7.98), Paperback – April 5, 2016. by
How about some other popcorn seasonings?
Want to try some other flavors of popcorn now that you’ve tried our great recipe for Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Kettle Corn? How about this great variety pack from Kernel Season’s? Kernel Season’s Mini Jars Seasoning Variety Pack, 0.9 Ounce Shakers (Pack of 8 $13.44) allow everyone in the family to get just the seasoning they want!
Head over to Amazon and check out all their popcorn supplies.
Go ahead and PIN IT!
UPDATE: THis blog post originally contained at giveaway. The giveaway entry device has been removed and had 7869 entries. See giveaway winners.