Can You Say YUM? Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos
Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos
You know that night? When you need to get dinner on the table NOW? Yet, your soul longs for something tasty and flavorful, well here’s THAT recipe…Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken Tacos (or Nachos if you like).
I am Alexzandra O’Donnell, a new food blogger on Still Blonde, I am bringing a twist on a traditional taco by adding a flair of Cilantro and Lime via recipe ingredients.
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package cilantro lime skillet sauce (I used Frontera but any similar will do)
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 4 tortillas
- ¼ cup lettuce (approximate
- ¼ cup of your choice of shredded cheese (approximate and optional)
- Baking spray ( I used Pam)
- Spray 8x8 baking pan with non-stick spray (or any size baking pan will do)
- Sprinkle ¼ of taco seasoning over the bottom of the and place chicken breasts on top of taco seasoning
- Coat tops of chicken with ¼ of taco seasoning as well. You should now have used half of the packet of taco seasoning
- Cook chicken at 450 for 10-15 mins or until thoroughly cooked
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce in a skillet
- Fill skillet with ¼ inch of water and add rest of taco seasoning, as well as cilantro lime skillet sauce and stir together. Cover; let simmer and thicken.
- When chicken is cooked, shred using two forks.
- Add shredded chicken to sauce.
- Chop lime in half. Using only one half of lime, squeeze lime juice over top of the chicken in the skillet. Stir together.
- Fill tortilla with a light amount of lettuce and fresh cilantro leafs. Top with Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken from skillet.
- Add cheese to taco (optional)
- Squeeze quarter of lime over top and enjoy!
- You can also use the Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken over nachos instead of tacos. MMM!
Haven’t heard of Key Lime Cilantro Sauce?
You can find Key Lime Cilantro Skillet Sauce by Frontera at your local store or it’s available on Amazon for $17.00 for 6 packages. You don’t have to use the Frontera Sauce, there are other ones out there but this one is quick and easy and available on Amazon. Need a great skillet? Here’s the one I recommend (Top Rated Skillet)