Asian Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe –Perfect to Pair
Asian Chicken Asparagus Soup Recipe paired with Lean Cuisine Asian Flavor Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
Our son is getting married this weekend, and today is the rehearsal dinner. We have so much to do but I wanted to prepare a special lunch so that we have enough energy to take us through the busy afternoon and evening. I decided to give Lean Cuisine Asian Flavor dinners a try because they come in a six pack at our local Sam’s Club and they come in 3 different varieties:
- Ginger Garlic Stir Fry with Chicken
- Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry
- Sesame Chicken
I needed to prepare a lunch that was colorful and fun and that would pair nicely with the new soup I wanted to try, an Asian Chicken Asparagus. I headed out to my local Sam’s Club to try these new flavorful frozen meals from Lean Cuisine .
Lean Cuisine Asian Flavor 6Packs
The dinners were in the frozen food section. I was surprised to find them in the Asian/Lo-cal Section next to other Asian frozen dinners and vegetables. I knew right away that Walt and I would like them because not only were they lo-cal but then contained a variety of vegetables including broccoli, red peppers, carrots, snap peas, and water chestnuts.
Lean Cuisine Asian Flavor 6 Packs are going to pair nicely with my Asian Chicken Asparagus Soup!
Once I got home I started right away preparing our pre-rehearsal dinner. I didn’t have much time but this recipe is easy to make. Check it out below and see what you think.
- 10 oz of chicken breast fillets or tenders
- pinch of salt
- I egg white
- 1 tsp cornstarch to a paste with 1 tsp water
- 8 oz asparagus
- 4 cups chicken stock (best homemade chicken stock)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves for garnish
- Pound chicken thin a cut to the size of a postage stamp
- Mix chicken with pinch of salt
- Then add egg white to chicken Mixture
- Then add cornstarch paste to mixture
- Cut off and discard tough stems of the asparagus, and diagonally cut the tender spears into short even lengths
- In a wok or large pan, bring the stock to a boil, add aspagus and bring back to a boil, cook asparagus for 2 min.
- Add chicken mixture, stir to separate and bring back to boil again. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve Hot, garnished with coriander leaves
So a wonderful quick meal full of luscious long grain rice, vegetables, and chicken. I am sure this will get us through until the rehearsal dinner. The best part? I have 4 more dinners in the freezer that I can prepare on Sunday when I am recovering from the wedding!
Reach Out and Share with Lean Cuisine Yourself
Check out my G+ Album for all the photos of my shop and the recipe being prepared. More nutritional details and preparation information can be found at @LeanCuisine, Lean Cuisine Website, and Lean Cuisine’s Facebook.
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Nestle Lean Cuisine #CBias #SocialFabric #FrozenFavorites All opinions are the Chief Blonde’s own.