Finding an easy to use blood pressure monitor is something many people want. No wires! No tight cuffs! Consistent! Tracks my Data! Is that too much to ask? Today’s discussion of Where can I find an Easy to Use Blood Pressure Monitor for home use? is brought to you by Omron Healthcare.
Where can I Find an Easy to Use Blood Pressure Monitor?
I have a new blood pressure monitor. The Omron Evolv is unlike most medical devices, this one is actually fun to use! It fits all my criteria for what I think a blood pressure monitor should be:
- Portable: I can pack the blood pressure monitor as Walt and I travel. I can take it to my Dad’s to monitor his blood pressure.
- Wireless: Unlike a traditional blood pressure monitor that you see in the doctor’s office, my Omron Evolv doesn’t plug in (it’s battery operated).
- No separate monitors: The unit has a digital readout right on the cuff
- Omron Connect App: The app pairs via Bluetooth to my smart phone (which is really a FUN way to take your blood pressure). The Omron Connect app allows me to store, track and share my heart health data. I love how I can refer to my chart of my blood pressure/pulse readings so I can track my data over time and find trends in my numbers.
- Multiple users: Walt can use the Omron Evolv as well, simply by downloading the Omron Connect app to his own phone and setting up his own account.
- Reminders: Raise your hand if you are good about remembering to monitor your health…I know I forget as soon as I start feeling good. The Omron Connect app sends me reminders so I can remember to take my blood pressure on a regular basis.
Watch this video to see just how easy the Omron Evolv Blood pressure monitor is to use.
Why do I need an easy to use blood pressure monitor?
80% of the 800,000 strokes that occur each year are preventable. High blood pressure causes damage to the lining of blood vessels, which can contribute to narrowed or clogged arteries, causing nearly 87 percent of strokes. One of the most effective ways to prevent a stroke is to monitor your blood pressure and manage it if you’re hypertensive. Why wouldn’t I want to do that? The Omron Evolv Blood pressure monitor makes achieving my goals for better health much easier.
Participate in the Going for Zero™ Campaign
Omron Healthcare’s company mission is Going for Zero™, the elimination of heart attacks and
strokes. In my first blog post in this series, I talked about how you can sign up for the Going for Zero pledge. Next month, in my third blog article in this series, I will be highlighting my progress in taking my blood pressure and what I have learned to date. Be sure to tune in!
See 1st Blog post in Blood Pressure Monitoring series
Take the Going for Zero Pledge yourself
Monitor your blood pressure with the Omron Evolv
See these other health related article on our blog:
Drug Free Pain Relief: Omron Heat Pain Pro TENS unit
Sarah L says
These devices have gotten so much better in the last few years. I have a bulky old one.
gary pennington says
gary pennington says
I love that it has an app where one can share the results with family or the doctor