Shouldn’t YOU be thinking about your Valentine’s Day Cards?
For this Valentines Day Cards blog post, I participated in a Blogger Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Cardstore.com. I received complimentary cards and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
It’s time to plan for Valentine’s Cards — Top considerations to keep in mind
#1 What are your Valentine’s Day Card Traditions?
Blue Tres Leche Cupcakes
Do you buy funny cards, loving cards, personalized cards? Do buy them in bulk? I personally usually only buy cards for my closest family members. I do try to make them as special as possible and couple them with candy or a special small gift. Often, I will make cupcakes like the one pictured above so we can all enjoy a little sweet while we open our cards.
#2 What are you going to write inside your Valentine’s Day Card?
Will you choose a blank card a write-in your own poem or greeting? Do you like sappy messages or funny ones? I prefer a romantic or suggestive message that is printed on the card. Need some great tips about what to write inside your Valentine’s Cards? Joseph Joyce, Creative Director for Cardstore.com, has some great tips for writing heartfelt cards. Click here to read them.
#3 How can you make your Valentine’s card sentimental and not just a throw away?
On the inside of all our Valentine’s Day Cards my husband and I have a tradition of writing all of our life events that have happened in recent months. We often write things like “Paid off the Mortgage”, “Kids got degrees”, “Empty Nesters!”, “Lauren’s Baby”, etc. It’s a great way to have the card function as a journal of our lives and make them more memorable. We also try to date each card, so that we can look back on them and remember why that year was so special. I must admit, I keep all the cards my husband and I give to each other…I just can’t let go of those memories! Sometimes, when I read them, it makes me cry! Do you save all your cards? Do cards make you cry?
#4 Timing, my dear, is everything with Valentine Cards!
- Ever went into a card store a few days or few hours before Valentine’s Day? A more pathetic sight I have never seen! Every card is picked over and all the really relevant ones are gone! Why not do what I did this year and visit Cardstore.com and make your cards? Hurry, you need to get your order in by February 6! Ordering online from Cardstore.com for Valentine’s Day Cards provides a zillion advantages including:
- You never have to search for the envelope
- You can personalize the card if you wish with pictures and messages
- The card can be sent right to your recipient
- The selection is virtually endless
- It’s a lot easier than schlepping to the card store
- Every card is always in stock
Look at this fantastic Valentine’s card that I made at Cardstore.com for Walt! Shhhh, don’t tell him.
I made this one for my son and his girlfriend!
The crazy thing is they are going to think I slaved for hours! Once I had the pictures gathered, it took me less than 10 minutes a card from creation to checkout!
The selections were plentiful, I found the cards I wanted right away. I loved how the site, showed me the card, the front and inside message, the price and the size!
So what are you waiting for? and remember…the last day to order your Valentine’s Day card from Cardstore.com is February 6th.