Refreshing Summer Luncheon Salad
via Spinach Tomato Cottage Cheese
Loving simple seasonal salads!
I adore a great simple seasonal salad that I can whip up from the fridge, don’t you? This Spinach Tomato Cottage Cheese Pasta Salad is just what I am talking about! It’s prepared with fresh spinach and tangy cherry tomatoes. The cottage cheese substitutes for dressing and the prepared pasta adds a warm element without adding meat!
I was inspired to create this seasonal salad by the P&Geveryday website which features seasonal salad lunch suggestions. I found the P&Geveryday recipe section so valuable, as it highlights food that is in season at that time period followed by salad recipe creations. For example, summer is listed and these ingredients that are in season are suggested: summer squash, zucchini, cucumber, melon, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, corn, peppers, eggplant, peaches, plums, apricots and then a recipe is provided for raw zucchini salad. Check out this wonderful Harvest salad they have for fall containing baby kale, grapes, pomegranate seeds, apple, pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, your favorite dressing or extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar! MMMM!
As we are basically starting summer in Michigan, my seasonal inspired salad includes several items from spring and summer and then I coupled it with items I had in my fridge.
- Fresh spinach (enough to cover bottom of each plate)
- ½ to ¾ of cup cottage cheese as desired
- 4 oz of stuffed hot/warm agnolotti or ravioli (cooked)
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Spread fresh spinach over bottom of plate to form a bed
- Mound cottage cheese in center of lettuce bed
- Arrange cooked agnolotti or ravioli in a circular pattern around center mound of cottage cheese
- Place cherry tomato around arrangement in a pleasing manner with one in middle of cottage cheese mound.
A little more about P&Geveryday
P&Geveryday is brought to you by Procter & Gamble, a company that has been establishing brands for the past 175 years, helping people around the world have extraordinary days, every day! You will love that you can find content and resources on beauty, family, food, health, home and more. I also found some great offers from the innovative and trusted brands I love. For example, there is currently an offer where you can get $10 when you spend $30 on Tide, Gain, Downy and Bounce! You are already spending money on those products, why not get $10 back?
Here’s just a few things I discovered on P&Geveryday
- Delicious recipes for lunch and dinner (How about a Pumpkin Black Bean Soup Recipe)
- Beauty trends, and smart tips (Haircut ideas!)
- New products to try out for yourself, family and home (have you tried Mr. Clean Surface Cleaner?)
- Product ratings and reviews ( I loved the star ratings!)
- Fresh ideas and inspiration (I saw an article on family bonding)
- Coupons and samples from your trusted brands
- And much more!
Get Social with P&Geveryday website
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.