New Year’s Resolution: Simplify with SoftCard
This is a post on 10 reasons to pay with your phone. I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Softcard. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #IC #Softcard
I just weighed my purse. It weighs 6 pounds. 6 pounds! Oh my goodness, that’s what I carry around every time I go somewhere. I also have 12 credit cards in my wallet and 25 loyalty cards on my key chain. Okay…I know you are mind boggled and secretly laughing at me, but now go count your own and weigh your purse. That’s okay, I’ll wait! Pretty crazy what you haul around, isn’t it?
Introducing pay with your phone with SoftCard
Softcard, an app for your Androd or Windows smart phone, is a new safer “Pay with your Phone” app. I can use my smart phone with the Softcard app to shop, pay and save. I find it really simplifies my life (and the weight of my wallet) when I use the free Softcard app to store payment cards, specials and deals and loyalty cards in my compatible phone and transmit payment information to a contactless payment terminal at checkout using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Here’s another relief I discovered: adding the eligible payment cards (like credit cards, debit cards, etc) to the app does not affect your cards protections. Here’s my favorite feature: I STILL get all the benefits and protections I would with my physical card. PSST: Just so you know, your buying information is not tracked by Softcard.
Softcard can be downloaded on Android and Windows devices with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless service providers. Even better? You can use Softcard in any of more than 275,000 stores where contactless payments are accepted.
The Chief Blonde’s: 10 Reasons to pay with phone via SoftCard
- I reduce the weight of my wallet and key chain: I just load my participating loyalty cards onto your phone via the Softcard app. Can you see in the photo above all those credit cards and loyalty cards? The weight just gets crazy.
- Quick Stop? All I need is my phone, I have no need to schlep my entire bag. Just swipe and buy. Can you imagine how useful this was at the holidays? I already had all those packages, a big heavy purse or key chain laden with loyalty cards is now a thing of the past.
- I use my phone enabled with SoftCard to pay in most of the places I already shop including: BP, McDonald’s, Tim Horton’s, Subway, Babies-R-Us, Petco, Foot Locker, Verizon Wireless, and the list goes on and on with more merchants being added daily
- I get emails and in-app specials: I signed up for emails or I just look on my app to see frequent specials. Current ones for me:
- –Pay with an American Express Serve®Account in Softcard™ and get $1 back on each purchase of a dollar or more.*Up to $50 per month in Serve credit through 12/31/2014
- –Earn up to $30 on an Amazon Gift Card* when you tap to pay with a participating credit card in the Softcard app. From November 1 through December 31, 2014, you’ll earn $10 for every 5 successful payment taps, up to a $30 maximum reward per participating credit card.
- Offers based on my location: (photo) Of course you get your own offers for your area. OR if I am traveling it gives me offers for the location where I am!
- Tappy’s Tips : Softcard has an adorable little mascot named Tappy who gives me tips via emails and more. Example:
- Any credit cards I upload still have their original protections
- I get loyalty points without having to carry around multiple cards and coupons.
- I love the layers of security that protects my information
- Softcard is app is free
Get Social with Softcard
Visit the Softcard Website, Softcard Facebook, Softcard Twitter: @GoSoftcard
Blog update July 2017: It appears this site and card have been discontinued.