Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto –Create that “Home for the Holidays” Comfort!
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto--Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago
Delicious! Risotto with Pumpkin and Goat Cheese from the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel Chicago! Executive Chef Kerry Heiber is spicing up her kitchen this fall and winter with seasonal flavors, and is offering up one of her most coveted recipes – Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Risotto.
Author: Kerry Heiber, Executive Chef
Recipe type: Side Dish
- ½ Onion (Minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Small Pumpkin (Peeled, seeded and medium diced)
- ½ can Pumpkin Puree
- 4oz Goat Cheese
- 1½ Cup Arborio Rice
- 5 cups Chicken Stock (HOT)
- ½ cup White WIne
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Unsalted)
- 1-2 tablespoon Kosher or Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper (Ground)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf (Dried)
- Chives, Thyme or Parsly (Chopped)
- Steep the bay leaf in the chicken stock.
- In a heavy bottom stock pot, sauté rice with pumpkin and onions over medium heat til onions are translucent and rice has a toasty aroma with a golden color.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Deglaze with white wine
- Add bay leaf
- While stirring vigorously add stock one cup at a time. It will take a few minutes to absorb the stock, so this is a labor-heavy task
- Continue adding the stock 1 cup at a time until it is absorbed. You will use almost, if not all of the stock depending on how you like it, al-dente or fully cooked. Before adding the last cup of stock stir in your pumpkin puree.
- Once your rice is cooked to your liking you should season it with salt and pepper and add your cheeses while stirring.
- Finish by adding in your butter, stirring until it is completely melted
- Stir in your chopped herbs allow to sit for a minute before serving so it can allow all of the flavors to marry.
- NOW GO SHARE IT WITH A BLONDE!
Did you love this recipe for Pumpkin Goat Chese Risotto? How about a Thumbs Up in Stumble upon for the YUMMY!
Blogger Note: No Compensation or Products were provided for this post! The Chief Blonde just liked the recipe and thought you might too!
Janet OBrien says
I can honestly say I have never tried Goat Cheese
Kristin walker says
Sounds so good.
Omg this sounds so yummy!
Kim Bakos says
That sounds SO good! I have a pasta recipe w/ pumpkin that I love.
Shannon Gilchrist says
Not sure about that receipe. Pumpkin Goat Cheese is a little too out there for me.
ADARIA Johnson says
And a Yummyliciousness of a recipe
Kelly O says
Omi, this looks amazing. I love all of those flavors. I bet the warmth would be perfect for winter dinners.
Rebecca Weiss says
I really love goat cheese! I love to use it in salad as well. I haven’t tried a goat cheese risotto, but it sounds good!
thomas batanglo says
Looks like a great idea for xmas.
Molli Taylor says
this looks so good, i might try it this weekend!