Blogher 12 Featured Katie Couric Introducing Her New Talk Show
Katie Couric Blogher 12, key note speaker, discussing her career, her new talk show “Katie” and her attitudes on Aging.
Women over 45 –Take note, there’s a new over 45 year old Woman in Town
“Katie”, a new talk show led by Katie Couric (55) kicks off today, Sept. 10 at 3:00 PM EST with an exciting new format which combines single topic “News” shows with “fun” multi-topic shows. As we know, Katie Couric can handle either, as evidenced by her 5 years as anchor on the CBS Evening News and her 15 year stint as co-host on the Today Show.
Get a feel for the personality of this strong woman by watching her discuss various topics at Blogher 12 with Lisa Stone (Blogher Co-Owner) including:
- Her Children
- Her Bad/Good Career Choices
- Unicorns (Really)
- The Sandra Pallin Interview
- Her New Talk Show (at 4:25 she actually looks down at me when I hoot and holler about hair and addresses ME!)
- Her Guns
- Caring for the Generations
- Creating a New Life after Divorce/Death of a spouse
In this Blogher 2012 interview, Katie discusses her deep involvement with Social Media and encourages other broadcasters to get involved as well. The “Katie” show has it’s own website and Twitter account. Every show will have 2 female bloggers in the audience!
My favorite line in the video happens at 36:35 when Katie says when asked about “Women over a Certain Age being Marginalized and Ignored” and she responds:
“To Hell with THAT! I don’t think that’s true. I mean, I think that Baby Boomers, of which I am one, is a very huge and powerful group of individuals. And I think that you can’t buy into that..that you’re being marginalized. I think you have to be as vibrant and involved as ever..and take chances. I just feel like you can’t buy into that whole rap about getting older. “
Here’s the Guest/Topic Line-up for the first week of “Katie”:
- Monday–Sept. 10, 2012 Jessica Simpson/Sheryl Crow
- Tuesday–Sept. 11, 2012 Amy Copeland Survival Story
- Wednesday– Sept. 12, 2012 Heidi Klum
- Thursday–Sept. 13, 2012 Daring Greatly with Brené Brown
- Friday–Sept. 14, 2012 Jennifer Lopez