What Mom Wants: iGourmet.com Gift Baskets
Thank-you Pepperjam and Igourmet .com for sponsoring today’s discussion.
The Chief Blonde Remarks: The Igourmet Gourment Treasures for HER Gift Trunk is cram packed with a delightful sampling of sweet and savory foods from around the world. Created to impress the most discerning foodie…your mom. Trunk contains (with impressions if we have eaten those items already):
- Lacrima Wine Jelly by SiGi: A rare red wine DOC grape that is native to the Marche region of Italy. A soft, smooth jelly with the strong berry aroma typical of this wine, giving a rich flavor and a tart aftertaste. (3.88 oz.) Featured in the photo above and eaten within seconds of the photo being completed. It’s like eating wine on a cracker. Pictured above.
- Miller’s Elements Crackers – Water: Artisan English biscuits – just flour and water, no salt. Flame-baked in a flash for a toast finish. (3.5 oz.) Perfect for the jam and cheeses provided in the basic. Provides a crunch without interfering with the taste of the spread. Pictured above.
- Herbal Teas Gift Set by Oreanthi: Oreanthi, which means “beautiful flowers” in Greek, offers you a new approach to wellness with Greek Herbs, tried and trusted by generations, blended and served in a new way to taste delicious. (39g) I prepared myself a cup of this tea while I was preparing this blog post…divine! The gift packaging is precious, as well. Pictured above.
- Ready to Eat French Crepes by Jacquet – Filled: These crêpes are baked so you can enjoy them anywhere, anytime! My dad tried these. There is nothing he loves more than sweets or breakfast foods and these were a hit! He said they were light and microwaved perfectly.
- Milk Chocolate Bar with Propolis by Audere: Blended with propolis (essentially bee varnish for the hive) Tasted great but didn’t agree with my allergies.
- Creme Brulee Almonds: With a luscious, sweet crème flavor and the best California almonds, it is hard to believe no spoon is required. (5 oz.) Walt took these over to our next door neighbor’s house to watch a hockey game. Walt said they were gone in the first 15 minutes of being there. ‘Nuf said!
- Dark Chocolate Bar with Gianduja in Gift Pouch by MIV: This Italian premium quality dark chocolate and gianduja treat comes in a gift envelope. Walt tried this treat. He started with one square, he had two immediatly after with no prompting. He said the chocolate hazelnut creme filling (the Gianduja was very special and helped to offset the dark chocolate bitterness.)
- igourmet Logo Eco-Cooler: All perishable items came packed in this reusable eco-cooler. Walt can now use if for his lunch!
- Black and Brown Wood Trunk: After the food was unpacked, I had a wonderful, sturdy trunk to use as a functional accent piece.
- Items in the trunk we have yet to try:
- Tortas de Aceite by Ines Rosales: Sweet Olive Oil Biscuits from Spain
- Daelias Biscuits for Cheese: Based on a traditional Mediterranean recipe, meant to complement all soft and hard cheeses
- Farmers Choice 100% Kona Whole Bean Coffee: Kona Coffee is world renowned for its delicious and robust flavor. (7 oz.)
- Panforte (Hand Crafted Fruit and Nut Torte) Wedge by Savory Spoon: Handcrafted panforte with high quality hand-selected fruits and nuts.
- CiocoReale Chocolate Honey and Hazelnut Spread by Terre Umbre: The goodness of Italian hazelnuts, the sinful richness of chocolate and the energy of honey.
- HoneyBee Goat Gouda: This gouda has a light nutty flavor with a hint of sweetness, like honey roasted cashews. Aged for six months. (7.5 oz.)
- Chevre and Fruit by Coach Farms: Fresh fruit and a young chevre is a marriage made in heaven. (4 oz.)
- Boschetto al Tartufo Bianchetto: Il Forteto‘s master cheese-maker has unveiled a harmony between the pronounced, earthy tones of rare white truffles and blended sheep and cow’s milk cheese. (7 oz.)
- White Stilton with Fruit: The young, immature cousin to the world famous British blue cheese is extra-creamy and deliciously tangy.
Watch our unboxing video!
Can’t Wait to Win it?
The giveaway runs from April 26, 2016 and ends on May 10, 2016 @ 11:59PM (EST). 18 years and older, US only.
One lucky winner will take home the iGourmet Gourmet Treasures for her Gift Trunk (ARV. $249)
This $250 iGourmet giveaway is exclusively hosted on our blog, so only those who enter here will win.