Have you ever heard of House Walking?
House Walking: The benefits of a House Walk
Do you know when you Google the word “walking” and look at the images that very very few images are of people walking inside? While you might find a few of people striding through an airport, hardly any can be found of people walking in a home.
Why is that do you think? Probably because people think of walking as an exercise and most people agree that exercise that involves forward movement is best done outside.
House Walking was created by me (and apparently many others after a quick Google search). It is the activity of walking in your house (or apartment stairwell, garage or office building hallway). Essentially, what you do is try to gain extra steps throughout your day by sneaking them in where you can.
Top 10 reasons why you should be House Walking
- House Walking (or any kind of casual walking) burns about 2 calories/minute so 10 minutes of casual walking burns 20 calories or 120 cal/hour.
- You can House Walk any time of day
- You can House Walk while talking to someone on the phone
- You can watch a movie on your smart device and House Walk
- Folding laundry is a great way to get in House Walking by folding a few pieces and then delivering them to the user’s room (repeat, repeat, repeat)
- If you live in an apartment with a covered or enclosed hallway, this is another great place to House Walk
- A garage can provide and excellent place for House Walking.
- House Walking can be done for as long or short or period as necessary
- House Walking can help you reach your overall “Step” goals without heading to a gym or a track
- House Walking can be broken up throughout the day, even 10 minutes an hour will add to your health
Get more ideas of what you can do in 10 minutes
What is your best use of 10 minutes for a healthier life? Why not attend a Health Fair and find out great ways to improve your health?
On October 10, 2015, Walmart is hosting America’s Biggest Health Fair to promote healthy lifestyles! Psst…you can get free health screenings, health insurance education, product demonstrations and gift bags at a Walmart store near you this Saturday!
Focus on 10 Minutes on 10/10!
Hey now, some people have less time than others, so instead of trying to tackle health goals that require a lot of time, effort and will power – focus on what you can do in just 10 minutes to get you started. Walmart wants to help you make your life healthier, in just 10 minutes.
Why not visit America’s Biggest Health Fair on 10/10 at your local Walmart store? You can even take a picture at the fair and tag it with #just10 #WMT and post it to Instagram.