Holiday Gift Guide of Wonderful New Books for Women over 45
Book Title: Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Story Behind the Song by Jo-Ann Geffen
Example Recipe from the Book:.
Grown-Up & Gorgeous in Your 40s, 50s and 60s (3 Volumes)
Gorgeous at Any Age!
Book Price: Retail $15.95 (Amazon Price $12.44)
Women over 45 should evaluate their Thyroid Health!
The Women’s Guide to Thyroid Health, explains how to develop and explore family health history, assess symptoms, and, along with their healthcare providers, create a personalized testing and treatment plan designed to restore healthy, balanced thyroid output. This book takes the mystery out of interpreting test results, and is an easy to understand guide to options for hormone therapy medication, manage side effects and discover simple nutrition and lifestyle strategies that can keep you looking and feeling well.
Book Retail Price: $21.95 ($14.93 on Amazon)
Nutrition at Your Fingertips, the latest book by leading national nutrition expert Elisa Zied, M.S., R.D., C.D.N.
The All-inclusive “Go-To” Guide That Answers All Your Nutrition and Health Questions in a Practical, No-Nonsense Way
- How to eat to beat diseases that may be preventable
- The functions of vitamins and minerals and where to get them
- The symptoms of a food allergy, intolerance and sensitivity
- How to burn more calories in less time
- How consuming more fiber can slim your waistline and how to get more of it
- Where all those extra calories in your diet lurk
- Whether you’re eating a portion or a serving
- How consuming super foods can increase weight loss
- How to indulge without going overboard
- How to balance your food and fitness choices to manage or lose weight
Book Retail Price: $18.95 ($12.89 on Amazon)
Chief Bloggers remark: This highly impressive book is by an equally impressive author. If all of these organizations trust her advice, shouldn’t you? For 5 years, Elisa has been a national media spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, the nation’s largest professional organization that represents almost 70,000 nutrition professionals. Reporters and producers regularly seek out Elisa’s nutrition expertise and real-world approach to nutrition. She has appeared on CBS’s The Early Show, The Today Show, and on dozens of other national and local programs on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, Food Network, Lifetime, and NY1.
Blogger Note: Products in the Holiday Gift Guide were provided for review purposes! Affliate links are included.
Other 2009 Holiday Gift Guides for Women over 45: