Helen Mirren Rocks it in Blue For Jay Leno
Helen Mirren Style Icon (67) appeared on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno to promote her movie Red-2. Helen is wearing royal-blue Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2013 three-quarter-sleeved dress with an embellished neckline and gathered waist. Photo courtesy of D’Orazio & Associates
Helen Mirren, Who doesn’t want to be her?
When I grow up I want to be Helen Mirren! There I said it. I have always had a deep admiration of Ms. Mirren’s acting chops and her style. She is delicate and strong at the same time. She’s all women and bad-ass too!
Helen Mirren, have you heard of her now?
Every picture I see of Helen Mirren Style Icon, I think WOW! She looks even more stunning than the last picture I saw! In the picture above, she appeared on Jay Leno to promote her new movie Red-2. Here’s a clip that I found on Youtube if you want to see it. This move stars Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Catherine Zeta-Jones among others:
Look pretty exciting right? Did you see what a total Woman of Steel she is? I must say I do love Sir Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones as well!
Helen Mirren Reveals it all to Jay Leno
Helen is wearing Doves by Doron Paloma Royal Lapis blue ring ($4155) and Royal Lapis drop earrings ($5350) to the Tonight Show July 11, 2013 Photo courtesy of D’Orazio & Associates
Helen Mirren breaks the Stereotypes
Just like her stunning nude Cole Haan pumps that Ms. Mirren is rocking in the top Photo, she continues to break the “Old Lady” stereotype on every front. (Have I said I want to be just like her when I grow up yet?? Still do…even more!)
During Mirren’s interview with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show, Helen is funny, classy and adorable. Topics discussed include why she prefers to wear “stripper” shoes to premieres, why she asks NO ONE if she can dye her hair, and how her character in Reds-1 was inspired by Martha Stewart!
Top 10 Helen Mirren facts you may not know:
- Helen Mirren just missed being a Baby Boomer, she was born in 1945
- Mirren has won an Academy Award, four BAFTAs, three Golden Globes, four Emmy Awards, and two Cannes Film Festival Best Actress Awards
- Helen Mirren is a Dame
- Helen Mirren is 5′ 4″ (the same as the Chief Blonde!)
- Ms. Mirren is married to Taylor Edwin Hackford who is an American film director, and the current president of the Directors Guild of America
- She has portrayed three British queens in different films and television series (Elizabeth I, Elizabeth II and Queen Charlotte)
- Mirren was born Helen Lydia Mironoff. But in the 1950s, her father changed the family name to Mirren.
- Helen lived with actor Liam Neeson (Star Wars) during the early 1980s
- Helen Mirren has no recorded children
- Mirren was on the fifty best-dressed over 50s list created by the Guardian in March 2013
Do you want to be Helen Mirren, when you grow up?
Blog Note: This post was unsponsored and uncompensated. I just love writing about Helen Mirren, I know you like to read about her. We are feeding our obsession!
Have you entered these Giveaways?