Kids love Halloween Food Crafts: Eyeball Spiders, Pumpkin Spiders
Halloween Food Crafts for kids: Halloween Spiders is a Fashionista Event and a promotional item was provided to me by Sweetworks. Hosts for this event are Still Blonde after all these Years and ModlyChic
Eye Ball Spiders, Pumpkin Spiders — Fun to make with little hands
There is nothing that’s as much fun as making Halloween crafts. They are silly and spooky! But the best kind of craft is a Halloween food craft for kids…because you EAT it when you are done. How about these slightly eerie Halloween pumpkin and eyeball spiders that we whipped up from using candy from Sweetworks?
Want to know how to make this fun Halloween food craft?
Here’s the recipe so you can get to some creepy spiders of your own:
- White Candy Coating (or whatever color you wish), make sure to use a candy coating not just melted chocolate, it doesn't set up the same way
- 1 package Celebration by Sweetworks Pearls (I used the Halloween Mix and Autumn Mix, but they have a huge variety)
- 1 package Celebration by Sweetworks Spooky Eyeballs Or Halloween Mix Gumballs
- Place a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet
- Melt two squares (or a handful of wafers) of candy coating in microwave or on the stovetop. Once melted you must move very quickly. Put melted chocolate into a quart size ziplock bag and pipe 4 pairs of legs (8 legs total). ½ of the legs should be shaped for the right and half for the left body of the spider...so angle legs accordingly. Make another batch. Then, you might want to make some extras in case a few legs break.
- Quickly press in the Celebration by Sweetworks Pearls to decorate the legs.
- Place decorated legs in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once legs are set, remove from fridge.
- Spread another piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt 1 more square of candy coating (or a half handful of wafers). On the wax paper, use a spoon to make 2 thick round circle about the size of a silver dollar .
- Working quickly, place a spooky eyeball or pumpkin in the center of each circle as a head.
- Put 4 legs on each side of the spider, balancing against each other and the center head. You might have to hold briefly but the chocolate sets up very quickly. Carefully place completed spiders in fridge for 15 min to finish setting.
Watch these steps to see the whole Halloween spider building process
Let kids help you make a spooky display with your Halloween spiders
You can use your spooky spiders made from Sweetworks candies to create a Halloween display too! Sweetworks is a candy and chocolate manufacturer serving consumers, fundraisers, retailers, distributors, and vending machine operators worldwide. The goal of SweetWorks is to give customers rich quality products and great customer service, while striving to make the best even better. Just look at all the amazing items that Sweetworks has for your Halloween needs. In my opinion, these items are perfect for Halloween trick or treating, class treats, a little treat for your sweetie, or all your food crafting needs:
Sweetwork Spooky Eyeball Gumballs, Halloween Mix Gumballs, Orange and Black Sixlet Combo, Autum Mx Sixlets, Halloween Mix Gumballs, Pumpkin Spice Ovation Breakapart
Get Social With Sweetworks
Update: This blog post originally contained a giveaway which had 18872 entrants. See Giveaway Winners.