Get MORE GilMORE Girls on UP!
Exciting news! Gilmore Girls Marathon and Series Reset
I have some big news to share with you. On Sunday, October 4th, 10am-3am ET you can catch a Gilmore Girls marathon on UPtv. Even more exciting UPtv reboots the Gilmore Girls’ series Monday – Friday at 7pm & 8pm (ET) every week, starting Monday, October 5th! (Catch UPtv on DirecTV ch. 338, Dish Network 188, Verizon FIOS ch. 238 & local cable). Get your coffee, chinese leftovers and pizza ready!
For those of you new to the Gilmore Girl series
What? You never watched the Gilmore girls? Well with UPtv marathon and regular Monday through Friday night feature of the series you can! But first, let me help you get up to speed.
Show Summary: Set in fictional Stars Hallow, Connecticut, Mom (Lorelai) and daughter (Rory) make up the Gilmore girls. Gilmore Girls is a humorous multigenerational series about friendship, family and the ties that bind.
Originally Aired: 2000-2007, 7 seasons
(all photos supplied by UPtv and Warner Entertainment)
- Rory Gilmore: (played by Alexis Bledel) the daughter in the Gilmore Girls, who has hopes of attending Harvard
- Lorelai Gilmore: (played by Lauren Graham) owner of the Independence Inn and the mom in the Gilmore Girls who had Rory at 16 and left home as an unwed mother with her young baby
- Emily and Richard Gilmore: (played by Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrman) Lorelai’s wealthy, appearance-obsessed parents
- Luke Danes: (played by Scott Patterson) is the owner of “Luke’s Diner” in Stars Hollow and Lorelai’s friend and then later love interest
- Sookie St. James: (played by Melissa McCarthy) Lorelai’s best friend and business partner at the Independence Inn
- Lane Kim: (played by Keiko Agena) Rory’s best friend
- Michel Gerard: (played by Yanic Truesdale) a French concierge who works at the Independence Inn with Lorelai and Sookie
What to watch for as a newbie while watching the marathon (Oct. 4) and series reboot on Monday through Friday, each weeknight beginning Oct. 5:
- Each Gilmore episode is chock full of pop culture references
- Each episode of Gilmore Girls has at least 2 to 3 literary references
- A enormous amount of coffee is consumed during the show. Rory, is the lone holdout, she prefers soft drinks
- A great deal of pizza, junk food and chinese food is consumed, along with burgers and pancakes
For fans and news fans alike: When watching the marathon…why not try?
- See how many pop culture references you can find in each episode: For example, the pilot references over 14 different music, books, and popular culture items. How many can you find?
- As I said, the characters drink a LOT of coffee. Why not view the marathon with a group of friends and take a sip of coffee each time someone in the show does? (Use good sense…LOL!)
- Order pizza and chinese food whenever you watch on Monday through Friday Nights at 7 & 8PM (ET)
- Read all the books, listen to all the music and watch all the movies mentioned in the series. You can google various lists (they tend to differ from list to list).
Get Social with The Gilmore Girls on UPtv
- Hashtag: #GilMOREgirls
- Facebook: UPtv
- Twitter: @UPtv
- Instagram: @up_tv
- Website: UPtv Gilmore Girls
Blog Note: This Gilmore Girls discussion is a sponsored post, but all the excitement is my own!
Kimberly Harbour says
so jealous of whoever wins this!
Forgivness and stuff episode is very interesting
Leah Shumack says
The Forgiveness and Stuff episode looks like it would be a good one!
Alicia Webster says
“Like Mother, Like Daughter” because my oldest daughter and I are just starting to navigate these turbulent waters, and it is proving a little harder than I thought !