TV? Really? That’s Where Ads are most effective?
In preparation for the 2010 Consumer Electronic show, Still Blonde after all these Years! is reporting news and facts relating to women over 45! Did you know the following?
Study says TV remains the top media choice because that’s where ads are most effective.
A new study–Deloitte’s State of the Media Democracy Survey Fourth Edition U.S. Release: December 2009,reports that TV is the top media choice for 34% of U.S. respondents, the highest of any entertainment platform. The study, which is to be released today, went on to say that TV also was No. 1 when it comes to ad effectiveness, with 83% saying that it’s better than media such as print, online, radio and in-theater.
Other Survey fun facts:
- Over 70% of U.S. consumers rank watching TV in their top three favorite media activities. And when ranked alongside activities such as surfing the Web, listening to music or reading, 34% of Americans place it at the top of the list – a 26% increase from last year
- 47% of U.S. consumers state their “Smart Phone” is one of their three most valuable media & entertainment products; ranking it as #4 among owners – up from #10 last year
- 65% of U.S. consumers frequently/occasionally visit Websites as a result of someone’s online recommendation
- 55% of U.S. consumers believe strongly/somewhat that online consumer reviews and ratings influence their buying decisions more than any type of online advertising – 69% of Millennials
- 51% of U.S. consumers have purchased a product based on an online recommendation
( Sources: Deloitte and The Hollywood Reporter)
Blog Note: The Chief Blonde was uncompensated for this post. She thought her readers would enjoy the information.