10 Signs That Your LOVE is a Sociopath
As Valentine’s Day nears, everyone is thinking about love. Most people think this way but not EVERYONE! “There are people in the world who don’t care about love,” says Donna Andersen, author of Lovefraud.com. “They don’t even know what love is. But they do care about power, control and sex.”
“Sociopaths are what THESE people are called”, Andersen says. You might think of a sociopath as a deranged serial killer, but this is false. “Sociopaths know exactly what they are doing, and most of them never kill anyone,” she says. “But they are social predators who exploit just about everyone they meet. They have no heart, no conscience and no remorse.”
Unfortunatly, Andersen had to learn about sociopaths the wrong way — by marrying one. Her former spouse absconded with $250,000 from her, cheated repeatedly during a two-year marriage, even having a child with one of his mistresses, and ten days after Andersen got up the courage to leave, married the mother of the child committing bigamy in the process. Read Donna Anderson’s story about being married to a sociopath on her website.
Andersen’s new book about her experience with a spouse who is a sociopath, called, “Love Fraud – How marriage to a sociopath fulfilled my spiritual plan,” was named “Reviewer’s Choice” via Midwest Book Review. Also, Donna created Lovefraud.com to ensure others could recognize and heal from the devastation of association with a sociopath.
Andersen used her experience, and the input from the experiences of thousands of readers, to compile 10 warning signs of a sociopath and how to watch for it in your romantic interest.
10 Signs of a Sociopath
1. A certain Charisma and charm. They always have an answer, are smooth talkers, and never ever
miss a beat. Excitement is their middle name!
2. Possess Enormous egos. A sociopath will often act like they are the smartest, most successful, or richest man/woman around. They often like to brag about that.
3. Super-duper Overly attentive. What may seem flattering a first–someone who constantly calls, texts and emails, will quickly turn into someone who wants to be with you every single second, resenting time you spend with family and friends. .
4. You will see a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personality. Just flip the switch to see someone who loves you one minute and hates you the next.
5. Obsessively Blame others. Someone else, not them is always the cause of their problems. It’s never their fault and and excuse is always close at hand.
6. Blatant Lies and gaps in the story. When you question them, answers are often vague, sprinkled with stupid ..often outrageous lies. They even lie when the truth would save them.
7. Super Intense eye contact. You could refer to it as a predatory stare. Pay attention, if you feel chills running down your spine when they look at you…you might want to trust your instincts.
8. Always Move fast. All of a sudden, YOU are their true love and soul mate. Often a sociopath wants to move right in together or get married NOW!
9. They can’t avoid the Pity play. They will often appeal to your savior complex or play on your sympathy. They need for you to feel sorry for an abusive childhood that they experience, trouble with psychotic ex, their incurable disease or recent financial setbacks.
10. Sexual magnetism. Sociopaths draw people to them like a “moth to the flame”.
Recognize anyone? Is there a sociopath in your life?
It may help to read Love Fraud – The Book by Donna Anderson.
Need to read more? Read is an international expert on sociopaths. In his book, Without Conscience, Dr. Hare estimates that one percent of the people in the US are born sociopaths. Extrapolating to the entire world, and assuming a global population of 6.5 billion–you are looking at 65 million sociopaths. Many experts feel the number is MUCH higher. In other words…Sooner or later you are bound to cross paths with a sociopath.
Blog Note: The Chief Blonde thought you might find this interesting. She did not read the book, though she did visit the website. She was not compensated for this post.