Sharing Your Recipes, Sharing Your Moments
This Grape Lemon Poppy Seed Coffe Cake Recipe is part of a campaign that I participated in on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Welch’s. I received product samples to facilitate my review, and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Grape Lemon Poppy See Coffee Cake recipe!
Kitchen Table Moments define tastes for life
When I was little, I used to love Welch’s grape juice. I loved the way it’s sweetness and sourness would just coat my taste buds. My mom would only buy it for “special” occasions, but not everyday breakfast. I would always tell my mom, as I drank the cheaper brand, “When I grow-up and get rich, I am going to drink Welch’s Grape Juice everyday!”
Our family shared many meals around the kitchen table. I have blogged previously about memories we created around my Grandmother’s table. At my parent’s, we ate most morning and evening meals together. My mother was a wonderful baker and we always had many delicious homemade goodies including cinnamon rolls, donuts, and coffee cakes. Even today, I make many of her recipes and even continue to use her 1941 cookbook to make many of my desserts.
Share Your Moments, Share What’s Good
I feel those moments around the kitchen table, defined my food tastes for life and I treasure those meals as special “kitchen table” moments. Welch’s believes in the magic of these special moments shared over a glass of juice, a morsel of coffee cake, or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Welch’s new “Share what’s good™” movement was launched to enhance and preserve your special moments. Head over to Welch’s Sharewhatsgood.com where you will discover an assortment of great content from fun family ideas to delicious recipes.
Want a chance to win $5000? From 9/16 to 10/25 , as part of the Share what’s good movement, Welch’s has launched the “Share Your Moments” photo contest! If you upload a photo of your favorite family moment, you will have a shot to win $5,000! BONUS: Everyone who enters will get a $1.50 coupon for Welch’s 100% Grape Juice – or $2.00 if you share the news. Run over to Sharewhatsgood.com and enter. Check out Welch’s on Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram.
Grape Lemon Poppy Seed Coffee Cake Recipe
Now I am going to share one of my family recipes, it’s a moment from our family’s “kitchen table”. My son used to beg for this Grape Lemon Poppy Seed Coffee Cake Recipe and I figure why not share what’s good with you, my wonderful readers?
- 2 7.5 oz bags of Martha White lemon poppy seed muffin mix
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Welch's grape jelly
- ¼ sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray 8" springform pan with cooking spray
- Set aside ½ cup of muffin mix in a small bowl for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining muffin mix, egg, milk and oil. Stir until mixture is moistened, (about 60 stirs)
- Spread ⅔ of batter in bottom of sprayed the springform pan.
- Drop jelly over batter and spread very gently to within ½ in of edge of pan
- Spoon remaining batter over jelly and carefully spread to edges (You may be able to see some jelly)
- Add sugar to reserved ½ cup muffin mix.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in cream cheese until mix looks like tiny pebbles and crumbs.
- Sprinkle mixture over batter
- Bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes OR until edges are golden.
- Cool one hour.
Do you have a favorite recipe that captures your family’s “kitchen table” moments?