Nurse practitioners provide advice for seniors to stay healthy in 2015
This “Nurse Practioners Top Ten Senior Health Tips” discussion is brought to you by Matrix Medical Network.
Let’s make 2015 the year where our resolutions finally stick. Here are some valuable tips from Matrix Medical Network, providing free health assessments by Nurse Practitioners for eligible seniors, on how to have a healthy and happy 2015.
Nurse Practitioners Top Ten Senior Health Tips
EXERCISE IS KEY
- Visit Your Doctor: Before starting an exercise program, it is important to get the “okay” from your physician.
- Set Goals: Start off slow to build up to 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days a week.
- Pay Attention to Your Body: It’s important that you listen to your body and not overdo it.
- Adjust Your Work Out: If you notice shortness of breath, dizziness, chest pain, or even tender joints, you may want to touch base with your doctor.
- Plate Size: Try using a smaller plate for your food.
- Don’t Rush: Sit down and eat your food slowly.
- Keep Your Mind Active: Maintain intellectual and social stimulation such as discussion groups and card games.
- Talk to a Trained Professional: Depression among older adults is very common. Talking to a counselor or psychologist is a good resource to find ways to deal with daily stress.
And two additional tips by the Chief Blonde:
- Consider in-home care: Seniors may thrive in their own environment
- Keep care affordable to reduce stress: in-home care is often covered at no cost to eligible health plan members.
Nurse Practioner Facts: In-home Care solution
Matrix Medical Network provides in-home care using board-certified, local nurse practitioners to visit eligible health plan members nationwide at no cost to them. Providing in-home care helps to address health needs from medication adherence to environmental factors that impact overall wellbeing. Matrix strives to make healthcare more affordable and convenient, while also maintaining the highest quality of care.
You can also view a video about patient experiences at https://bit.ly/