Women over 45 — Summer Hairstyle Glamour
Diane Lane Hairstyle — Cascading Waves
Diane Lane (49) wearing a Demarco diamond ring and Le Vian diamond earrings at the 2014 AFI Life Achievement Award Gala Tribute at Dolby Theatre on June 5, 2014 in Hollywood, California. We have previously featured a Diane Lane hairstyle and one of her plays. Diane Lane is wearing a Jenny Packham gown (similar) crafted with romantic tulle and chiffon with orchid embellishments. Photos courtesy of D’orazio & Associates
Short and Fringy — Halle Berry Hairstyle Continues for Summer
We last saw Halle Berry’s long sexy side swept bangs in our Spring Hairstyles for Women over 45: Halle Berry (47) once again stuns wearing Jack Vartanian Universe diamond ear climbers and a Nasrin Imani black diamond knuckle ring at the premiere of ‘Extant’ at the California Science Center on June 16, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. Isn’t this Jenny Packham dress (similar) amazing? Photos courtesy of D’orazio & Associates
“George the Salon” Cindy Crawford Oprah Blowout — Cindy Crawford Hairstyles
Oprah Winfrey opened up the “Oprah’s Lifeclass” studio to Cindy Crawford (48), making her the first ever guest teacher on the series. For her hosting duties at the social lab studio in Chicago, celebrity hairstylist and owner of George the salon, George Gonzalez traveled to HARPO Studios to style the star’s hair for the live episode on April 2nd, 2014.
“I made sure to round brush starting at the bottom to build weight,” explains Gonzalez. “Then, I finished the blowout by styling the sections at the top to minimize volume. The result is soft and natural.”
George the salon’s Blowout Tips
1. Hot tools are often the number one culprit for frizz, especially if a heat protectant is never used while styling.
2. For a blowout, women often put the dryer directly against the hair because they think that’s the way to get it straight. This why there is damage and frizz, especially when paired with a metal brush.
3. The worst thing we can do is use old blow dryers or not cleaning out their air vents. Due to lint or hair build up, air cannot flow through therefore the pressure goes down and too much heat is used to style.
4. If one part does not look good, spray it with water and redo it. Never keep going over it dry. This will make it worse. Not re-wetting hair could be the reason most women have bad hair days- because they try too hard and then over-dry their hair.
5. A dusting of dry shampoo at your roots will really kick start the staying power of your blowout.
6. To further preserve your style, sweep tresses up and use large bobby pins to create loosely sculpted pin curls before you go to bed. 4-6 large sections will do the trick. When you release and shake out in the morning, you feel like you just left your stylist’s chair.
Marlo Thomas, Proves “It Ain’t Over” with Soft Waves
See all our other Hairstyles for Women over 45!
Here’s some of our favorite dresses for Summer: Click the picture to shop:
Who has your favorite Spring Hairstyle for Women over 45?