Can you imagine a Pizza Crust from Spaghetti Squash?
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust Recipe
- For PIzza Crust
- One large Spaghetti Squash
- One egg, beaten
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with spoon. In a 13 x 9" glass baking pan, place both halves flesh side down. Fill pan with water ½" deep (this will help to steam the squash). Cook in microwave, on high for 15 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes after removing.
- Remove spaghetti squash from baking pan. Use fork to pull out the strands of spaghetti squash (the squash will come out in long spaghetti like strands) and place in a mixing bowl. Discard squash outer layer. Let strands cool slightly.
- Into a mixing bowl, measure out 3½ cups of spaghetti squash per pizza crust (you will probably only have enough for one pizza, set the remainder aside for another great dish).
- Pile the half the spaghetti squash into a cheesecloth or thin dish towel, twist cloth to form a closed sack and squeeze out all water. Discard water. Repeat with the remaining half. The more moisture you get out, the more crust-like the pizza crust will be. Return squash to mixing bowl.
- Add beaten egg, the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the spaghetti squash. Stir together.
- Press squash mixture in a thin, even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape into an approximate 10-inch circle.
- Bake at 400°F for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully flip, and cook for another 10 minutes. ( Tip: The best way I discovered to flip the spaghetti squash crust was to line another pan with parchment paper. Place it over top of pizza crust, and flip the pizza crust into the new pan. You can also use a spatula but you definitely risk breaking the crust.)
Buy all things Spaghetti Squash.
Blog update: This Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust Recipe post originally had a giveaway for a Paypal Gift card attached. . The Rafflecopter entry device has been removed and 5900 entries. See Giveaway winners.