PHOTO CREDIT for all NYFW Fall Winter 2017 Manicures photos: Sam Kim for essie #essielove
Once again, I have gathered the best of NYFW (New York Fashion Week) Nail Art! I always try to blog about the nail trends during fashion week. I wasn’t disappointed for Fall Winter 2017! More fun this time and less pale nail! Essie nailed it this fashion week!
Alice + Olivia’s NYFW Fall Winter 2017 Manicures
Alice + Olivia’s FW 2017 collection was inspired by Salman Rushdie’s book The Enchantress of Florence, a story about a mysterious woman using her powers of enchantment to control her own destiny in a man’s world. Rita Remark for essie drew on the romantic and punk vibes from the collection, honing in on the black patent leather fabric to create two different manicures that mimic patent leather with gold studs.
The stud look:
- 1. Begin with first base base coat on each nail to start the look.
- 2. Next, apply two coats of licorice on each finger.
- 3. Using a double-sided dotting tool and good as gold polish, create a small gold “stud” effect on the tip of the nail with the small side of the tool
- 4. Place another dot on the opposite side of the nail with the same side of the tool. (Or right above the original dot for a alternate effect.)
- 5. Finish with gel•setter top coat for a high shine effect.
Jenny Packham NYFW Fall Winter 2017 Manicures
For the Jenny Packham Fall/Winter 2017 show, the collection was inspired by a blend of modern and traditional that define the British identity. Corgis, pearls, youth culture and punk edge. Julie Kandalec for essie used this inspiration to create a modern twist on the chevron French manicure, creating a tonal, off-center design with smokin’ hot and master plan.
- 1. Start by applying first base base coat to each nail.
- 2. Then, using the side of the essie brush, apply master plan to the tip of each nail creating one side of the diagonal. Let dry.
- 3. On the opposite side of the nail tip apply smokin’ hot, extending the diagonal just a bit so you have an asymmetrical tip.
- 4. Finish with good to go top coat for a high–gloss shine.
Monse NYFW Fall Winter 2017 Manicures
- 1. Begin by painting the nails with grow stronger base coat for clean, healthy nails.
- 2. Next, apply licorice to all of the nails except for the pinky finger.
- 3. Use a striping brush to paint half of the ring finger with no place like chrome and half with licorice for a panel nail look.
- 4. Apply no place like chrome to the entire pinky finger.
- 5. Finish with gel.setter for high shine.
Michael Costello NYFW Fall Winter 2017 Manicures
Inspired by a “vixen’s love story,” Michael Costello’s Fall/Winter 2017 collection starts off with a dainty feel in both colors and materials, and ends on a tougher note, and Rita Remark for essie wanted the nails to mirror that. She created a copper wire nail using penny talk as an accent color, choosing it specifically because it matches the hardware throughout the collection.
- 1.Begin by applying one coat of grow stronger on clean nails to create a healthy manicure.
- 2. Then, coat nails with one coat of tuck it in my tux and let dry.
- 3. Next, pour penny talk onto a piece of tin foil and dip a fan brush (from your local beauty supply store) lightly into it.
- 4. Then, swipe back and forth horizontally across the tip of the nail to create light, drybrush strokes just along the tip.
- 5. Finish with gel.setter
Check out all our others NYFW Manicures, including NYFW Spring Summer 2017
Blog Update: This Blog post originally contained a giveaway for $25 Gift Card. The rafflecopter entry device has been removed and had 8143 entries. See Giveaway Winners.