Having a Blue Valentine’s Day?
Try this Blue Chicken Recipe
Blue Valentine’s Day Recipe Meal: Blue Chicken Recipe
Not feeling in the Red this Valentine’s Day?
Every year can’t be all hearts and cupids for Valentine’s day, right? Sometimes we just aren’t feeling the love. So I have created a Blue Chicken Recipe sure to tickle your fancy (and an entire Blue Valentine’s day recipe meal here).
What makes this chicken recipe blue? Blue Curaçao (a liqueur). Blue Curaçao and Curaçao taste exactly alike so if you don’t want your chicken to be blue, just use Curaçao. Don’t let the addition of this liqueur put you off making this dish. It adds a delicious orangey tang and the alcohol burns off during the cooking!
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tspn. salt
- 4 medium-size chicken breasts halves (skinless, boneless,)
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. cooking oil of choice
- 4-6 Tbs. Blue Curacao (or regular Curacao if you don't want your chicken blue)
- ¾ cup champagne (or sparkling apple juice)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ cup whipping cream
- Seedless grapes
- Combine salt and flour
- Coat chicken in flour mixture
- Heat 1 Tbs. butter and oil in large skillet
- Add chicken and cook for 5 min each side (or until slightly browned on each side)
- Place chicken in a oven proof pan in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
- In a skillet, add curacao, champagne, and broth and simmer
- Add the oven cooked chicken and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes
- Cook mushrooms in 1 Tbs butter, add to chicken along with whipping cream.
- Spoon all into a warmed serving dish and serve with along side a separate bowl of fruit of grapes and blueberries.
Doesn’t this fun Blue Chicken recipe make your Blue Valentine’s Day just a little more fun? Check out the whole Blue Valentine’s dinner here.
Giveaway runs until 2-16, 18 years and older, US only
One winner will take home $30 Paypal cash.
Be sure to return every day for all the DAILY entries
<<Click this image to enter to win the Grand Prize. Welcome to the P.S. I Love You Giveaway Hop brought to you by The Hopping Bloggers! Hosted By: Mama Smith’s and Women and Their Pretties Co-Hosted By: Everyday Life, Crazy Busy Family Life, Life with 5 Monkies, & The Robin’s Nest Designs Sponsored By: Teach My. Purchase here. Teach My are makers of award winning learning tools that help your child get a head start GRAND PRIZE: Two Teach My Deluxe Learning Kits. Each giveaway has a value of a minimum of $15, however some are worth much more. Be sure to enter to win all of them because there is no limit to how many you can win. GOOD LUCK!