Swiss Chocolate Frey Debuts in US!
I cannot contain my excitement! Chocolat Frey is coming to the US! Myself and a group of 24 other bloggers have been chosen to make sure you know before anyone else! Ssshhh!
The picturesque town of Kusnacht, Switzerland where I (and Tina Turner) lived.
As you may know, I lived in Switzerland when my children were babies. As a Swiss housewife (hausfrau), I went to grocery every day or every other day, as the kitchen and fridges were micro-sized. Whenever you were standing in the checkout line at the local Migros grocery store (like a small Kroger), you would see other hausfraus, older couples, and young singles in line. ALWAYS, tucked into their grocery selections, were three to seven chocolate bars. Yes, three to seven bars of chocolate. Per. Person.
My children enjoying Chocolat Frey in Switzerland when they were small
Most always all the purchases were Chocolat Frey bars. You see Chocolat Frey is the #1 Chocolate in Switzerland. Walt seems to agree with the Swiss as he has been having a healthy serving of the Chocolat Frey Crunchy Nuts bars every night after dinner. He loves the big whole hazelnuts and the caramelized hazelnut pieces.
The Chocolat Frey Milk Crunchy Nuts bars are a quite large when compared to American chocolate bars. With your first bite of premium Swiss chocolate, you will be thrilled to know Chocolat Frey is steeped in Swiss tradition, the rich history of Chocolat Frey® began in 1887 with two brothers, Robert and Max Frey. 100% of Choocolat Frey products are exclusively manufactured in Switzerland following a bean to bar process that produces exquisite chocolate for those luxurious moments.
I just love it because the chocolate tastes like heaven. Take these darling Chocolate Frey bunnies for instance:
How adorable are these sweet bunnies? Their names are Funny, Lucky and Sunny. You are going to want to get your kids one of each (they come in 1.9oz and 6 oz size). Remember when you were little and you’d receive fun chocolate bunnies in your Easter basket? They were so cute but they tasted like YUCK. Your experience will never be like that with these Swiss Premium darlings. In fact, you better buy some for yourself or you will find yourself swiping them from the kids.
Where to purchase Chocolat Frey?
Okay! I know I convinced you but where can you get your hands on these gems? I can assure you that you WILL be purchasing seven bars at a time just like the Swiss do. When available, you can find Chocolat Frey at great stores near you!
Chocolate Frey Ebelskiver Chocolate Filled Pancakes Recipe
- Chocolat Frey Candy Bar broken into large Bite Size pieces
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⅓ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 5 egg whites
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- For batter:
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks, then mix in the buttermilk and sour cream.
- Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the flour mixture until combined; expect the batter to be lumpy.
- Set batter aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed with a hand mixer until stiff, 2-3 minutes (Dry peaks should not form)
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, ½ of the egg whites at a time.
- Your batter is now ready
- Brush the ebelskiver holes with melted butter.
- Heat pan on medium-low.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp batter into each well and cook for 1 minute.
- Put one or two bite size chunks of Chocolat Frey chocolate bar into the center of the batter of each pancake.
- Top with one Tbsp. batter.
- Cook until bottoms are golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Using a wooden skewer (or chopsticks or a knitting needle) to flip the pancakes over.
- Cook until golden brown 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Makes about 30 if you don't eat them as you make them!
Get Social with Chocolat Frey
Follow Chocolat Frey on Facebook to keep up with all the News
Giveaway runs from February 18th to March 3, 2016 11:59 PM EST. US Only, 18 years and older
$50 selection of Chocolat Frey candy including Chocobloc Bars, Crunchy Nut Bars, Frey Bunnies (substitutions are possible) (Plus follow the Linky below for 24 more Chocolat Frey Giveaways! $1250 in great candy)
This Candy giveaway is exclusively hosted on our blog, so only those who enter here will win.