Does Madison Reed Root Touch Up Work?
Dealing with roots without an appointment
So this is what I am dealing with..root growth. Ugly dishwater blonde sprinkled with gross gray, just NOT attractive when you are the Chief Blonde and Blogger at Still Blonde after all these YEARS!
Normally when I want to get rid of my roots I do this:
Shocking I KNOW! Yes, the Chief Blonde gets a little help occasionally from the highlighting bottle!
However sometimes, my roots appear and I don’t have time to get to an appointment right away. Usually, I just try to comb my hair creatively (THINK DONALD) until I can get into see my stylist.
But who am I kidding right? I need a quick fix! As I detailed in yesterday’s blog post, Blonde all the Way to the Roots with Madison Reed Root Touch Up, I have tried most of the temporary methods out there for temporary root touch up including the mascara type, sprays, markers…none rocked my world. When Madison Reed approached me about doing a sponsored review for their best-selling Root Touch Up powder, I was super interested.
Madison Reed Root Touch Up — A Few Details
Simply put, Madison Reed’s best selling Root Touch Up is a lightweight powder concealer that you brush on to cover roots and grays. Benefits include:
- Free of Iritating Chemicals–All Madison Reed products are free of the usual chemicals found in many hair color brands so your scalp won’t end up irritated.
- Easy to use at home–If you need a quick hair root touch-up, because you forgot to make your hair appointment (like me) or don’t have time to color at home, this easy to use powder is your solution.
- Washes out easily–With your next shampoo, the powder just washes away like makeup does off your face.
- Now available in store at Sephora–Madison Reed has partnered with Sephora to sell Root Touch Up in Sephora stores nationwide. It’s also available at at Madison-reed.com and Sephora.com.
- Come in seven shades–To address everyone’s roots, Root Touch Up comes in Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Golden Brown, Light Brown, Light Blonde, Black, and Auburn Red.
Before and After with Madison Reed Root Touch Up
Here’s what you have all been waiting for…Does Madison Reed Root Touch Up really work?
1st Photo: Before–nasty mix of dirty dishwater blonde and gray. 2nd Photo: Left side complete, right side still to be touched up. 3rd photo: After
I must say the results speak for themselves. At least in my root shade that I used (Light Blonde), the Madison Reed Touch Up covered quickly (5 Minutes) and thoroughly. These photos are not lightened with any photo adjusting software, this is the lighting in which they were taken in my bathroom. The roots are not photo touched up in any way. This is my actual results and I would say it’s super impressive!
Let’s take a look from another angle:
So you can bet that Madison Reed Root Touch Up “Hair Makeup” will now be in my make up bag. The product was easy to use and very quick results.
Where can I buy Madison Reed Root Touch UP?
You can find all seven shades online at Madison-reed.com and Sephora.com. And now, with an exciting new partnership with Sephora, Madison Reed’s Root Touch Up will be available in Sephora stores for $30 in four shades: Dark Brown, Medium Brown, Light Golden Brown and Auburn Red.
PSST: HURRY right now until 8/31 you can get a complimentary brow brush at checkout, which is valued at $7.95 when your purchase Root Touch Up. Just use this special URL when you head over to Madison Reed to make your purchase.