Tea Tasting? What’s That?
Blog Note: How to Tea Taste, Tea Tasting with Cindi Bigelow was inspired by an all expense paid trip via a contest that I won from Bigelow Tea for writing “Around Grandma’s Table“. I was uncompensated for this post but some of the content does come from that trip.
Cindi Bigelow, President of Bigelow Tea gives “Tea Tasting” instructions. Photo Courtesy of Olsonography
The Chief Blonde Remarks:
Cindi Bigelow explains How to Taste Tea in this video
12 Steps of tea tasting
- Provide enough spoons so each participant can have two per kind of tea
- Taste one kind of tea (green or black or herbal) at a time
- Fill tea cups (5 is a good number) with various brands of one kind of tea. One brand per cup.
- Be careful that tea is not to hot. Like Goldilocks, the temperature needs to be “Just Right”
- Take a spoon in each hand
- Choose one spoon to be your “dipping spoon”
- Choose the other spoon to be your “tasting spoon”
- Dip the dipping spoon into a cup, take a spoonful of tea, pour the tea into your tasting spoon
- From your tasting spoon, slurp the tea into your mouth such that it sprays all over the inside of your mouth
- Be careful not to choke from slurping too enthusiastically
- Move on to the other cups of tea
- Do NOT MIX your spoons!
The Chief Blonde gives tea tasting a try in this video below
Psst==>Watch for the Chief Blonde’s funny face at the end! Also, there is no sound.
June 11-25th 11:59 PM EST, 18 and older US ONLY
You can win this lovely tea chest from Bigelow Tea valued at $55!
Bigelow Tea Chest filled to the BRIM with Bigelow Teas valued at $55 from Bigelow’s Gift Shop
UPDATE: The Bigelow Tea Chest Giveaway is over. The rafflecopter entry device has been removed and the giveaway had 3060 entries. See Giveaway Winners.