Summer Style Secrets: Video Featuring The Chief Blonde, WHOA Network

[ 20 ] May 29, 2013 |

What summer style secrets should Women over 45 incorporate?

Women over 45 of the WHOA! Network got together via a Google Hangout to discuss Summer Style Secrets.  The Chief Blonde along with 4 other panelists and WHOA! co-hosts covered a wide variety of summer issues. Watch the Video below!

Topics covered by the panelists include:

Hats–Why wear them in the summer?

Summer Shorts– Are these appropriate for Women over 45? What styles?

Capris–  Should we wear them?  How?

Summer Tops and Camis- Exposed bra straps, strapless bras

Bathing suit– Cover ups, bikinis,

Tanners –Tan or pale?

Wedding wear for summer– Dresses

Panelists include:

Still_blonde_shoulder-284x300

Shelley Zurek, Creator of Still Blonde After All These Years

Deb_Boland-300x200Deborah Boland, Creator of Fabulous After 40®

Oceana 300 x 200Oceana Lott, Creator of Oceana’s Canvas

sylvia-202x300Sylvia van de Logt, Creator of 40 + Style

Better after 50Felice Shapiro, Founder of Better After 50

The Chief Blonde’s 3 summer style suggestions:

Summer Style Secret #1. Wear a Hat!

Summer Style Secrets Wear a Hat!

Remember PALE is the new TAN!  Let’s prevent Melanoma this summer!!

Summer Style Secret #2 If you must wear capris, wear a heel

I think most capri pants are pretty ugly.  That being said, I also understand why many women wear them.  If you wear capris, I recommend wearing them with a heel.  Now not 4″ heels maybe,  but an espadrille or sandal.  A higher shoe creates a much better line. PLEASE DON”T WEAR WITH TENNIS SHOES AND SOCKS!!!!  Also, a dark flat just makes you look squatty.  If you must wear a flat stick with a skin color shoe.  Personally, I hate capris but I show a better way to wear them.

Summer Style Secrets If you must wear Capris

The Chief Blonde contrasts capris with and without a heel.

Summer Style Secret #3 –If you must wear a t-shirt, especially a men’s or graphic T, dress it up.  Look feminine!

As a rule, I hate men’s t-shirts on women.  They are all wrong for a woman’s body.  No matter what your shape, a woman’s t-shirt is so much better of a choice.  Yet, in the summer there are many situations where you must wear a men’s or graphic T-shirt.  If you do, try to add feminine details like a necklace or a belt to soften the lines.

Summer Style with a Men's tshirtjpg

The Chief Blonde adds a belt to a “Bigelow Tea Shirt”

What Summer Style Questions do you have?

Ask away in the comments below.

Blog Note:  The Chief Blonde was uncompensated for her appearance and this post.  But you know how much she loves to offer her opinion…

Tags: ,

Category: fashion, fashion review, Reviews>>

Comments (20)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Jadey Sam says:

Great tips!! I like capris but like what you said, I always wear it with a wedge or an espadrille.

2. i love wearing hats! they are a fun accessory!!

xo,
    Sandy

3. Brandy Myers says:

I agree that capris for most are absolutely horrible. I understand the reason for them and like your suggestions of not wearing them tennis shoes. Some women can pull them off but I can not.

4. Jodi says:

I really like hats – I think they are great! However, I have never been one to wear them. They seem to look great on other people, but not me! lol Maybe it is just a matter of finding the right hat. I love my capri’s. :-) Although, the one’s I own are cotton, beige or khaki in color. Then I wear them with a cute shirt and my Chaco flip-flops. I am not a t-shirt wearer. :-)

Love this show you do, so fun to watch. Great information and feedback on true concerns women have who are over 45.

5. Krista says:

I love your discussion on capri’s! That is something I always wonder if I could pull off or not! Thanks!

6. Katy says:

LOVE this video. I want to hang out with all you ladies in person and talk fashion and lifestyle for hours! – Katy

7. Oh my goodness! I had no idea how much wearing a heel with Capris affects the look! Dang that is a huge difference! I love the heeled look! So cute on you BTW! :)

8. Patty says:

I love hats. I always have but I have a teeny, tiny head and most of them drown me but I found one on a trip to Italy (winter which is good since I live in Montana) that I wear all the time.

I’ve never really understood capris….

9. So I suppose you’re trying to tell me I have to “feminize” my “Tea Shirt”…darn you. LOL.

10. Great tips. Did not have time to watch the entire video, but what is the take on the visible bra strap trend? That bugs me.

11. Dede says:

Really? I never even thought about people hating capris! I wear them all the time to work because we’re not allowed to wear shorts (or jeans) but capris feel a bit more relaxed. I’ll have to rethink my style. I agree that they heels look way better than the flats!

12. Jenna Wood says:

Some great tips here- I always wear a belt or underlayer (and tie it up), when wearing a t-shirt. I also love the tip to wear heels with capris, that’s a must! My question would be….What are the best hairstyles to stay styled but beat the summer heat and frizz?

• Hairstyles so much depend on hair length and thickness. So to recommend one without that knowledge is hard to say. Usually a ponytail is a go to for many women. I personally like a half up, half down. Also, a great alternative is a hat!

13. I am awful with fashion and what looks good on me. I do wear capris sometimes, but never with sneakers. usually flip flops. I would never have seen the difference in the shoes if it wasn’t for the picture of you wearing both.

14. Cinny says:

Great tips! haha, I do sometimes wear capris with tennis shoes but those are my athletic capris so do I pass? ;)

15. lolosan says:

she is a beauty woman

16. Betty says:

I only wear capri’s for casual outdoor situations where late afternoon/evening brings out mosquitos. Seriously – I protect a lot of vulnerable leg and wear them with low sandals or sneakers. Too hot for long pants and those capris give so much more skin coverage from insect bites. And when I’m on uneven grass, wedges are not a safe choice.

17. Claudia M says:

great reviews – and oh so true :)