New Years Eve Anniversary ? New Years Eve Meals
New Years Eve Anniversary: Walt and I were married 14 years ago on New Years Eve/ New Years Day
Celebrating a New Years Eve / New Years Day Wedding Anniversary
When your Wedding Anniversary takes place on a holiday, like New Years Eve or New Years Day, one event or the other can easily become overshadowed. The trick is to weave them both together for a perfect blend of both events. Walt and I have often had parties on this day, or returned to our wedding venue for a special New Years dinner, or hung out by ourselves at home with a special dinner. This year, we opted for a special dinner at home for our New Years Eve Anniversary this year.
New Years Eve Anniversary Meals –Chicken Chopped Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing; ALDI featured food includes Burlwood Cellars Merlot 2011 (California) $4.99, Tuscan Garden Bleu Cheese Dressing & Dip $1.39, Tanimura & Antle Romaine Hearts $2.69, and Deutsche Kuche Sunflower Seed Bread $1.79
ALDI for your New YEAR 2013
As you might be aware, last year we shopped ALDI’s for New Years Eve Budget Party Ideas– $50 Menu Planning where we featured all the great party food available at ALDI’s for great prices. We also highlighted the wonderful beer and wine selection available for a New Years Party. So this year, we checked out ALDI’s for special holiday foods with an emphasis on HEALTHY. We also looked to the New Year of 2013 and what ALDI had available with for New Years Day and beyond for emphasizing “Good for You” foods.
Holiday Healthy Food Selections from ALDI and some fun choices too! Top–Left to Right: $25 spent on a cart load of food; Tuscan Farms Dressing $1.39; selection of yellow and zucchini squash $1.99 for 3; 2nd Row–Left to Right: Burlwood Cellars Wine $4.99; $25 Worth of New Years groceries; 3rd Row–Left to Right: Honey Crisp Apples $3.69; Millville Fruit & Nut Granola $2.19;
Tips to Make your New Years Eve Anniversary Meals Great
Women over 45, ALDI’s offers you these tips for planning your Holiday Meals via food stylist Jennifer Stahl:
- Keep it Simple. Don’t overthink it. Remember, “Less is More” when designing your menus. ALDI has everything you need at prices up to 50 percent* less than traditional grocers.
- Somewhat Homemade. Combine traditional homemade recipes with pre-made items for a holiday spread that is sure to please. Aldi has many items including the items we used in our recipe below to make delicious, make at home meals.
- The Perfect Table. See how beautiful our New Years Eve Anniversary Meal looks? Let the food be the star by using white or black/white plates, bowls and serving dishes. ALDI is a great place to pick up what you need. ALDI sells 1,400 of the most commonly purchased high-quality grocery items, including fresh produce and fresh meats, plus an additional selection of winter seasonal items.
- One head Romaine Heart (washed and chopped)
- 10 mini Carrots chopped
- 1 Large cooked Chicken breast finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Layer ½ the chopped Lettuce, carrots, chicken and Parmesan cheese per plate.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese dressing to the side.
Want to Know more about ALDI or find one near you?
Visit the Aldi Website Please be sure to link to the ALDI website.
Blog Note: “I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for ALDI. I received a gift certificate to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.”