ReGifting — What you Should Know! Get the Gift you really Want!
The Chief Blonde Remarks: These Bookoo Regifting Top 12 Facts and American Express Giftcards giveaway is part of the the Hoppin’ For The Holidays Giveaway Hop hosted by MamaNYC! Take a look at these facts from a recent survey by Bookoo.com . Once you look over the survey results and learned a little about Bookoo, enter to win one of 2 American Express Gift Cards (Total $100) and get the gift you REALLY want this holiday. Then keep hopping to all the other gifts in the hop on the linky at the bottom.
Top 12 ReGifting Facts (Bookoo.com Survey 2012)
- 92 % of Americans think it is absolutely acceptable to regift an item
- 65% of respondents have regifted items on more than 2 occasions
- Why do people ReGift?
- 63% of people say that someone else will appreciate the item more than they do
- 53.7 % feel they couldn’t use the gift personally
- 87% of people feel that they have received a ReGifted item
- Women tend to regift more often than men (3:1)
- When do people regift?
- Holiday season (62%)
- Birthdays (58%)
- Housewarming gifts (50%)
- Most people wouldn’t regift for Valentine’s Day (8%) or an anniversary (8.5%).
- 62% of people are planning to regift during the 2012 holiday season
- Who do people Regift to?
- friends (63.7%)
- neighbors (45.5%)
- colleagues (34.6%)
- What do people most often ReGift?
- home décor products (63%)
- antiques (63%)
- books (59%)
- How do frequent regifters make sure no one knows?
- re-wrapping the item to look new (53%)
- inspecting the item & removing any gift cards or receipts from the previous giver (50%)
- planning ahead and making sure they do not give the gift to anyone associated with the original gifter (66%)
- Regifting saves Money:
- 55% have saved up to $50
- 28% have saved between $50-$150
- 17% have saved more than $150
Based in Oswego, Ill., Bookoo offers a network of hyper-local online yard sales for hundreds of communities around the
world. Each Bookoo site connects neighbors, allowing them to safely buy and sell their treasures locally, and to view a map of upcoming yard sales in their area. Free and easy to use, anyone can search and post items for sale on Bookoo.com or through the free mobile app for iPhone and Android. Inspired by their passion for finding hidden treasures at yard sales, brothers and yard sale fanatics, Adam and Austin Allgaier, founded Bookoo in 2004 and continue to expand into new markets worldwide. Today, more than a million people buy and sell just about anything on Bookoo every month. Join the world’s funnest darn tootin’ yard sale community at Bookoo.com!
Giveaway runs Dec 13-29, US only.
2 Winners will win a $50 American express Card (Total $100)
UPDATE: The Giveaway is Over. The Rafflecopter Entry Device has been removed and had 14,747 entries. See Giveaway Winners.