New Years Eve Budget Party Ideas– $50 Menu Planning
The Chief Blonde’s Wedding Anniversary is New Year’s Eve
Walt and my wedding anniversary is New Year’s eve. We had a big party and then were married at the stroke of midnight. We were married in a historic hotel in a town near us. George Bush Sr, his wife Barbara and some of his staff actually had dinner in the same room where we were married! It was a beautiful evening.
As a result, all of our friends expect us to have a New Year’s eve party every year! While we are happy to oblige it does get very expensive. Even if you ask them bring a dish to pass and some of their own alcohol…as the hosts we still try to have some main dishes, appetizers, beer, wine, pop, coffee, and champagne on hand. With party hats, decorations, ice and other party extras..you can quickly get yourself up to a $200-300 party! Whew…that’s just not possible this year with 4 kids in college! So…
When Aldi’s challenged us to take a look at their new line-up of award winning international exclusive wines and their other party food to pair with it…I was excited but never imagined we could get enough food and drink to easily entertain all of our friends for New Year’s eve for a mere $50. Take a look at all we were able to obtain for $50 and get some New Years eve budget Party ideas of your own:
New Years Eve Budget Party Ideas $50 Aldi’s Menu Planning:
1. Walker Napa Valley Red Wine-California– 2011 World Value Wine Competition Score: 88 points, Silver medal. Tastes of blackberry, black pepper, raspberry, dark cherry and vanilla lend itself to a blend of Syrah, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon. $7.99
2. Burlwood Merlot $4.99
3. Vina Decana Tempranillo–Spain– 2011 World Value Wine Competition Score: 88 Points, Silver Medal. Wine has a pleasingly dry taste composed of notes of red cherries, vanilla and finishing with subtle hints of oak. $4.99
4. Gonafalone Chianti (Italy) — Italy –2011 World Value Wine Competiton Score: 85 Points Pronounced ruby color, brilliant bouquet and dry! Well rounded flavor. $5.99
5. Hand rolled Blueberry and Goat Cheese Log– $2.99 (oh my goodness, I would have paid $10 for this…just scrumptious)
6. Brie Cheese Round — $2.99
7. X-Sharp White Cheddar–$2.69 (Once again, a product far that would sell for at least double in a gourmet store!)
8. Saltines — $.89
9. Black Pepper — $1.99
10. Thin Spaghetti — $.99
11. Holiday Tortilla Chips–$1.49
12. Wernsesgruner Beer — $5.99
13. Barbecue Kettle Chips — $1.99 (These chips were every bit as good as competitive chips and were half the price..really really yummy!)
14. Skim Milk — $2.29
15. Ground Black Pepper — $1.99
16. 6 in 1 Holiday Sprinkles–$2.99
Grand Total $53.65!!!!
Can you say Wow!
The Chief Blonde choosing among wines from Aldi’s Line up of Award Winning International Wines
The Chief Blonde Remarks: I was simply shocked at the line up of Award Winning International Wines that Aldi has available for this holiday season. I normally shop at Costco for Value wines where I consider a value wine a bottle priced under $10! Most of the Aldi Wines were priced at $4.99 with a few priced slightly above at $7.99! I really enjoyed all the wines I tried, you will note I chose all reds! My hands down favorites were Burlwood Merlot at $4.99 and the the Gonafalone Chianti (Italy). I would have never of guessed the Chianti was such an affordable wine at a mere $5.99…my guess for this wine would have been $12.99 or above. It was rich, full bodied and enjoyable! I will be back for more. Just as shocking was the value that I obtained for my $50 when shopping at Aldi. As you can see, I found everything I needed to make a lovely cheese pasta, appetizers of chips and cheese, and wine and beer to go with it! Now, I know I can have my friends and family over to celebrate New Year’s eve and our Anniversary and not break the bank! What Fun! Find out more about the fine award winning wines by visiting Aldi’s!
The Chief Blonde chooses Gonafalone Chianti (Italy) $5.99
Are you on a tight Budget this New Year’s Eve? Would you try Aldi’s Value award winning wines?
“I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of ALDI and received a gift certificate to facilitate my review.”