Saint Francis Couture – Fashion with a Conscience
Saint Francis Couture designs and manufactures high fashion, animal friendly shoes, accessories, and they are now introducing apparel and jewelry. The company’s founder and designer, Tere Albanese, is a vegetarian and refuses to wear anything made from animals. “I thought the world needed some high fashion, moderately priced, comfortable, but sexy, shoes and accessories that were cruelty free,” said Tere. The company is named after Saint Francis, who is the patron saint of animals. Her first line is the Africa Collection, which honors African Wildlife.
This month’s featured product is the Africa Ankle Boot 3″ Heel. Great for slipping on under paints or jeans. Rounded Toes for comfort. Rubber sole for quiet, comfortable walking. 5” zipper. 3” heel, which is sexy, but all-day wearable.
Price: $58.00 (YES–this is REALLY the PRICE!!! Can you believe it???)
Chief Blonde Remarks: I am not sure I really need to say a thing about Saint Francis Couture. Look at the picture above, then look at the price. If that doesn’t convince you–look again. The quality of the product is even nicer in reality. I was sent the Africa belt ($38.00) pictured above (yea–it’s me modeling, no one uses women over 45 in their advertising and I try my hardest to buck that trend by ONLY using women over 45 to model items on this blog–so you are stuck with me!), the darling Africa clutch bag ($38.00) and the Africa Sandal ($42.00). The quality of the Saint Francis Couture items were just unbelievable. The belt buckles and other trim pieces were heavy and substantial, not the least bit chintzy. You may not have realized this but I am a SHOE freak. I will stalk a pair of shoes for YEARS on ebay until they turn up! So from a true shoe addict, I can say I seriously love these shoes. The fact that they are animal friendly is just another bonus in my mind. Did I mention they have really cute pleather jackets too? Ahh..you are just going to have to check all the cute items out yourself (this is one time I am sure you will BUY BUY BUY!) http://saintfranciscouture.com
Saint Francis Couture Africa Sandal ($42.00)
Africa Clutch Bag ($38.00)
THE GIVEAWAY: 1 Lucky Winner will win $100 Gift Certificate to Saint Francis Couture.
THE RULES: Giveaway runs from July 30-August 10.
Super Simple Main Entry: Answer AT LEAST ONE or up to all the questions below and email your entry to email@example.com. If you answer more than one question, than that counts as extra entries! YIPEE! (it’s okay to put all the answers in one email). PLEASE do not put your answers to “Linked” questions in the comments–I will have to delete them and it will make the Chief Blonde sad!
1. Go to this link and email us at the address above: Who is the lady in the picture? http://saintfranciscouture.com/index.php/about-us.html.
2. Go to this link and email us at the address above: Who most recently feature Saint Francis Couture on their program? (Look at the first article) http://saintfranciscouture.com/index.php/media.html
3. Go to this link and email us at the address above: Name one animal welfare organization that Saint Francis Couture donates a portion of its proceeds to: http://saintfranciscouture.com/index.php/our-friends/animal-welfare-organizations.html
4. Go to this link and email us at the address above: Where can you buy Saint Francis Couture near you? http://saintfranciscouture.com/index.php/retail-stores.html
5. Go to this link and email us at the address above: What is your favorite pair of Saint Francis Courture shoes? http://saintfranciscouture.com/index.php/online-store/shoes.html
6. In the video above, what color are the shoes? (You must watch a 10 sec commercial first–sorry it was embedded).
7. Go to this link and email us at the address above and tell us how many outfit pictures you see and if you are interested in us continuing this feature? http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/2010/07/new-feature-outfits-modeled-by-women-over-45/
8. Go to this link and email us at the address above–Name one event that our blog will SOON be participating in: http://stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com/events/
Leave a separate comment for each BONUS entry in our comment section below.
–Subscribe to our feed burner. You must accept the email in order to get your 5 entries! I will check when drawing the winner! LEARN ABOUT ALL OUR OVER $50 Giveaways by getting our feed! If you already are a fan, just say so in your comments
–Become a Fan of our page on Facebook– (2 extra entries)–My facebook fans will have at least one special contest per year just for them! If you already are a fan, just say so in your comments.
–Follow me on Twitter. (1 entry) www.twitter.com/stillblondeaaty (Retweet for me please! #Giveaway @Still Blonde after all these YEARS! $100 St. Francis Couture Purse and Shoe Gift Certificate http://tinyurl.com/33d9ydx) If you are already a fan just say so.
–Become a Fan on Google Friends connect (1 extra entry). If you already connect, just say so!
Giveaway ends August 10, 2010 at midnight. Pacific Time.
–Become a fan of Saint Francis Couture (1 extra entry). http://www.facebook.com/pages/Saint-Francis-Couture/135210239850124?ref=ts
Contest open to U.S. residents in the continental US with a valid street address. Item will be shipped to your home. No PO Boxes please. Winner(s) are selected randomly. To claim your prize(s), Stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com will contact you within 48 hours of the contest closing. You must contact Stillblondeafteralltheseyears.com within 48 hours after that with your mailing address so companies can mail your prizes. Prize(s) not claimed by (48 hours) will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected in a live giveaway. Please provide a valid email address to be informed in case you do win a giveaway. Good Luck!
Blog Note: Chief Blonde and Blogger was provided a review sample. No compensation was provided. The opinions are her own.